Milky Nipple Discharge

What are the common reasons for nipple discharge?

Query: Hi doctor,I had a cyst in my breast and it was removed before two years. For the last two months, some liquid is coming from the nipple while taking shower. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.It could be related to your breast cyst. Milk duct blockage and infection can also be a cause in your age group.What is the color of the nipple discharge? If it is reddish or dark or greenish, then it is because of altered blood. It could be from a very tiny bleeding tumo...  Read Full »

Am i pregnant if the pregnancy test is negative?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my last period on the 1st of last month. I did not have sex until the 33rd day (it was protected sex) of my cycle. Now, I have not yet had my periods. It is the 39th day and I took a pregnancy test on the 38th day and it came out to be negative. I do not know what to do. I did ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had sex on the 33rd day, then the test will not come positive so early even if you have conceived. It takes around two weeks to come positive.Although the chances are very less, you should rule out pregnancy. Do a test around 47th day. Amenorrhea can be because ...  Read Full »

What could cause white discharge in both nipples with blisters?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 17 years old. and have a littl bit of white nipple disharge in both breasts but one has it a little worse and the skin on my nipple appears to be white and has little blisters on it. It does not really itch or anything but it is sore to the touch.  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I see that you are worried about discharge from both your breasts and you are telling it has blister-like appearance. White discharge with blister-like appearance and sore to touch generally points towards an infection, but an infection occurring simultaneously in both...  Read Full »

Why do I have milky nipple discharge when I get emotional?

Query: Hi doctor, I got married three years back and I gave birth to a baby boy two years back. However, due to complications I lost my child in just seven days. I never had breastfeeding session with him as he was in NICU. But, sent milk to him through a tin pot for five days. However, after this unfortun...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I must tell you to relax. A nipple discharge is not an uncommon phenomenon in non-pregnant woman. A bloody discharge is serious. But milk-like or colorless discharge is often caused by minor problems. Are you on any medicine like antivomiting or antidep...  Read Full »

Started noticing milky discharge from the breast. What could cause this?

Query: Hello doctor, A while ago, I started noticing milky discharge from my breast, the discharge continued for about three months. After two months I started to develop red burning rashes on my breast. The rash first appeared as a single ringworm like red rashes on my breast and no improvement for two d...  Read Full »

Dr. Sree Gouri Sr

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Milk secretion in nonpregnant women is galactorrhea that can occur due to causes like increased prolactin levels in the body, prolactinomas, continuous usage of antacid like drugs, etc. Rubbing of clothes to the nipple can also lead to ...  Read Full »

I have high prolactin.Will this affect my fertility?

Query: Hi, My doctor said that I have high prolactin, almost 200, but I have regular periods. My periods are regular and usually have an interval of 30-33 days. I do not have any othe menstrual symptoms, other than milky nipple discharge. I take ovulation tests every month and comes back positive on my fer...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. High prolactin levels with galactorrhea (milky nipple discharge other than normal breast feeding) can often cause delayed ovulation and irregular menses. The ovulation kits detect the LH surge and do not exactly tell us if there has been ovulation at all. There may be ...  Read Full »

Whom should I consult for my daughter's high prolactin?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter's prolactin is 238. What is the cause behind this? Whom should I consult for this? What is the further treatment? There is no headache or stress. She had some periods problem before and now she is fine with that. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Bindiya Thakkar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need a little more information to help you better. Does she have any milky discharge from her breasts? Are her periods regular? Is she suffering from double vision? What medication she is having now? She will need a full evaluation from an endocrinologist to determine t...  Read Full »