Q. I get white discharge in both nipples with small blisters and they are sore to touch?

Dr. Prathish Kumar

I am 17 years old. and have a littl bit of white nipple disharge in both breasts but one has it a little worse and the skin on my nipple appears to be white and has little blisters on it. It does not really itch or anything but it is sore to the touch.

#

I see that you are worried about discharge from both your breasts and you are telling it has blister-like appearance.

White discharge with blister-like appearance and sore to touch generally points towards an infection, but an infection occurring simultaneously in both breasts at the same time is very rare.

Another possibility, is that milk secretion from both breasts which you might think as white discharge. Do not doubt, there are certain conditions where there can be milk secretion even without pregnancy and birth, which occurs due to hormone disturbances.

Need some more information too, Do you have a fever? How are your menstrual cycles? Is it regular? Is the flow high? Do you feel any small lump behind the nipples? Do you take medicines for any other problem?

Do not mistake me, but your problem needs a direct clinical examination to visualize the breast, discharge and to see if there are any lumps behind the nipples.

You would not be comfortable to post pictures of your discharge and blisters, so I would recommend you to visit a doctor in person and have yourself examined.

Meanwhile, do the investigations I have advised and try the medicines given below.

Hypothyroidism. Hyperprolactinemia.

? Breast infection. Galactorrhea.

Tablet Amoxicillin + Clavulanic acid 625 mg twice daily after food for five days, tablet Aceclofenac + Serratiopeptidase two tablets twice daily after food for three days.

Avoid wearing tight vests and too much sweating.

|