Q. I have red rashes on breast followed by milky discharge. What could cause this?

Dr. Sree Gouri. S. R

A while ago, I started noticing milky discharge from my breast, the discharge continued for about three months. After two months I started to develop red burning rashes on my breast. The rash first appeared as a single ringworm like red rashes on my breast and no improvement for two days now and rashes have increased at the sides of my two breasts. What could cause this? And are these two occurrences related? I applied a triple effect cream (Bmn plus cream) on it, that is when it started to produce blisters. Please help.

#

I can understand your concern. Milk secretion in nonpregnant women is galactorrhea that can occur due to causes like increased prolactin levels in the body, prolactinomas, continuous usage of antacid like drugs, etc. Rubbing of clothes to the nipple can also lead to discharge. Tight innerwear, allergy to fabric material lead to skin rashes, etc. can aso be the cause for the discharge.

So, you, please consult your gynecologist once, get examined and go for serum prolactin levels and if needed sonomammography. With this work up the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated. I hope I have answered your query. Take care.

|