Q. What should I do to avoid my friend and study better?

Muthulakshmi Balasubramanian

I have been so mentally distressed about a friend. She keeps coming to my house as we have been like neighbors and friends for almost six years. I did not have a problem with that. But as you know, our boards have started, she still keeps coming here, I told her to study but still she keeps coming here and directly enters my room and asks for my mobile and checks my history, on the internet. She fails to understand that my exams are going on. She comes daily at 9 AM or 11 PM and leaves late, like 7 AM or 8 PM. She likes to study at night, I guess, but I cannot, I have to take some medicines, and I get sleepy. My physics and chemistry were messed up, and I did not get proper time for revision. I need privacy and some space alone. I feel so bad about thinking like this about my friend, but what do I do? Would you please give me your suggestion on this?

#

Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern. I appreciate you for two things. One that you want to focus on your studies but at the same time that you have a reasonable opinion about your friend. Maybe your friend likes you very much. She may want to stay with you most of the time in a day. That is why this is happening. Your friend can study well at night, but it is not possible for you. So you can speak with your friend about your situation in a polite manner and watch her behavior. If it is working, then there are no issues, but you can speak with your parents about your situation if it is not working. In this process, you have to keep in mind, your friendship and your career should not be affected.

|