Mini-pill

Does irregular Mini-pill consumption result in pregnancy?

Query: I started the mini pill just over a month ago and a few times ive missed the pill by over 3 hours and at least 2 days after them times my boyfriend has ejacuated inside me im now 4 days late on my period is this normal or could i be pregnant?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajeev Chaudhary

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello Miss Thank you for your Query Mini Pill are progesterone only pills which have work by thickening the cervical mucus, which will prevent sperm penetration and reducing the chance of Pregnancy. Many Articles and research have shown using such pills have reduced unwanted pregnancy to 95-...  Read Full »

Will it be effective if I took placebo a week before the first mini-pill?

Query: Hi doctor, I am switching from a combined pill to POPs. I am switching due to a history of chronic migraines and the estrogen in the combined pill was not helping my migraines. I was instructed to take the placebo pill a week before starting the POPs, so I did. But now, after taking the first mini p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The idea is if you are switching from combined pills then during the placebo week you should be getting a withdrawal bleed. It shall indicate the start of a fresh cycle and then from day 2 of your cycle you can easily start your mini-pill pack (Progesterone pills)....  Read Full »

What could be the reason for non stop bleeding since giving birth?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a baby last February, and since then, I have not stopped bleeding. I have done ultrasounds (internal and external), blood tests, and they still do not know what is wrong, and I cannot afford to see a specialist. Now, when I stand after sitting, leaning, or laying down, I am dizzy...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must have become anemic now as you have been bleeding for so long. I suggest if there was no cause found on ultrasound and the uterus is well involuted and clean, then the likely cause is progesterone imbalance. If you are not planning for another child for the n...  Read Full »