Q. What are the possible types of miscarriage during initial days of pregnancy?

Dr. Monica Mathur

What type of miscarriage is possible during the first six weeks? What are the expected symptoms?

Do you have a question on Miscarriage or Threatened A Miscarriage?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Monica Mathur

MBBS., MS
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

During the first six weeks of pregnancy, if one bleed with cramps then it may be due to threatened miscarriage whereby one should seek immediate medical consultation. This stage can be reverted to normal pregnancy.

If one experience some tissue along with clot of blood coming out of the vagina, then the one is probably going to abort. So, the should contact gynecologist immediately.

• Sometimes there will be very slight bleeding, and it will stop on its own. After a few days, the symptoms of the pregnancy like vomiting and nausea will not be present. Then, the one should consult the gynecologist, and the doctor may ask for a sonography because in that case the pregnancy has stopped and there may be a missed miscarriage which requires surgical intervention.
  • If along with bleeding, temperature and chills with nausea and vomiting are present, then one should consult a gynecologist for a medical advice because this is the most dangerous thing in miscarriages. This could be a septic abortion wherein some dangerous bacteria has entered into the body.
  • So, miscarriage should never be treated at home.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Is the abortion process complete or not?
Query: Hello doctor, I recently had an abortion pill. I took Mifepristone tablet first then after 36 hours, I took four tablets of Misoprostol of 200 mcg orally. At first, there was light bleeding during one hour then after some time I had heavy bleeding and it almost soaked two pads and it continued for ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I guess you have not passed any tissue or mass like structures out of the vagina. So we cannot be sure about the complete termination of pregnancy. Presence of just bleeding does not ensure the complete termination. So our priority is to confirm it. Now it is a tim...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now