Q. I did not get my periods for the past 5 months with PCOS. Kindly suggest a solution.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

I am suffering from PCOS and have not had my periods for the last five months. I am already obese and a hypothyroid patient. I have started reducing my weight for the last two weeks with workouts and diet. The thing is that I got married last year, but as I was in a long relationship with my partner we are enjoying our sex life for nine years and the last five years he went abroad for his work. Now he is back, and we are again enjoying our sex life, and everything is normal. But I have not received my periods for the last five months and took many hormonal tests as per my physician's advice, and the results are also al. What should I do further to get my periods back because we e planning for our baby, and I am 27 years old.

#

Do not worry. Your reports are normal except for low serum vitamin D levels. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is also at the borderline level. Suppose necessary, we need to increase the Levothyroxine dosage. So use vitamin D capsules 60000 IU once a week for six weeks. Also, check for stress, anemia, and uterine abnormalities. Get it done complete hemogram, ultrasound of pelvis, and review with reports.

You will need hormonal pills for three months to get back your periods. Progesterone only hormone or combined pills support to get the cycle.

Please review with reports or consult with your gynecologist. She will examine and treat you accordingly.

|