Q. I have not got my periods yet. Kindly tell me whether I am pregnant.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Oct 25, 2019

Kindly shed light on some issues. I had my period two months back and I had the next once a month later, which only came for a day and I have not had it since it till now. I did home test before my period came which read negative. My two breasts ache and immediately after my period comes, the pain disappear. How many days menstrual cycle do I have? Am I pregnant?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Menstrual cycle can be 23 days to 37 days. And bleeding can be from 1 day to 10 days anywhere and all this normal. No need to worry. Sometimes due to imbalance in your body or normally also, your period can be 5 to 6 days here or there and it is absolutely normal.When there is a major imbalance or another problem in ovary than it is more irregular.

Now it is also true that sometimes you only have minimal bleeding around your period date while you are pregnant called as implantation bleeding. Around the date, the test can be negative. Do urine pregnancy test once again now, if it is negative, then you are not pregnant and it was normal menses.

For breast pain, many female suffer before and during menses also, it is due to hormonal (chemical) changes happening during your cycle that also affects other body parts. And it is one of it. So do not worry. In case of unbearable pain, you can take oral painkillers. You have normal menstrual cycle.

Can brownish discharge after protected sex be implantation bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I had protected sex. Two weeks later, I had light brownish to light red color discharge that lasted for a day and the next day there was light brownish discharge. Is this implantation bleeding? I am worried. If so, after how days of implantation bleeding can I do blood test or hCG to dete...  Read Full »

Why am I not getting my periods after taking Z pack?

Query: Hello doctor,My last period started a month back. The next week I was on a Z pack for a throat infection. I have not gotten my period this month. I am 7 to 10 days late. Took six different brands, etc. Pregnancy tests are all negative. What could be causing this late period? I am under a lot of stre...  Read Full »

What is the difference between implantation and withdrawal bleeding?

Query: Hello Doctor, We (me and my fiancee) had unprotected sex on the 11th day of the month (mensuration). I am very sure I did not eject that day. But for safety within 24 hours, she had taken Unwanted 72. Now after 13 days of it, before 1 to 3 days of expected periods. She got bleeding for a full day a...  Read Full »