Q. I missed my period after taking I-pill. Is it too early for the urine test to detect pregnancy?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on May 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2021

My period was due on the 20th of this month. I had protected sex on 14th night, and we had a bit of a doubt about the protection, so on 15th evening, I took an I-pill. On 17th night, we again had protected sex, and on the 19th morning, I took another I-pill. I did not get my periods yet. Can period get delayed? Is there a chance of pregnancy? I tested with the urine kit last night, which was negative. Is it too early for the urine test to detect pregnancy?

#

• The chance of pregnancy is low with sex on the days mentioned. Your period is late due to the effect of I-pill.
  • It is too early to test, if you do not get your period by the 25th, then repeat the pregnancy test. But, the chance of pregnancy is almost nil.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Thank you for your reply. It certainly gives a bit of a relief. I will wait and see till 25th. Thank you.

#

• You are most welcome.

For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|