Q. Should I be worried if there is no blood flow during my periods?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I am a 26-year-old female. My periods are due, but I have all the symptoms of PMS. I do not have blood flow during my period. Should I be worried? Currently, I am not taking any medication. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. There is nothing to worry about if you have not had unprotected sex in the past few days. If you have had, then pregnancy can be suspected. Secondly, it can be due to PCOD (polycystic ovarian disorder). It is very common in females, and it gets better with daily physical exercise and diet. Your weight increases due to PCOD only, and sometimes it is connected with hypothyroidism. I would like to know:

1) If you have any history of thyroid disease?

2) When was your last period?

3) Did you have unprotected sex?

4) Are you taking any medicine currently?

PCOD (polycystic ovarian disorder).

USG (ultrasonogram) examination of the whole abdomen and pelvis, TFT (thyroid function test).

Hypothyroidism.

PCOD.

Exercises such as walking or running and jogging.

|