Q. What can a 20-year-female do if she missed her periods or they got delayed by 12 days?

Answered by
Dr. Rajesh Jain
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 07, 2022

Hello doctor,

I am a 20-year-old female, and I have just missed my period. I am currently on day 41 or 42 of my menstrual cycle, and my period got delayed by 12 days. I have undergone two pregnancy tests after I missed my period, and both have come negative. I have a stinging sensation on the right side of my lower stomach. I am getting worried about my period. Please help me.



Welcome to

Do not worry, as your pregnancy test is negative. Delay in periods might be due to some hormone disturbances. You might have stinging pain due to a cyst, urinary tract infection, or colitis. I suggest you undergo an abdominal ultrasound and take Primolut N (Norethisterone) tablet twice a day for five days. I think your periods will occur five days after you stop taking the tablet Primolut N.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Is it normal to have clot discharge after taking birth control pills?

According to your description, the possibilities are: During the first months of Contraceptive pills, you can have some amount of menstrual irregularity like intermenstrual spotting ... I had brown discharge a few days before I started the sugar pil...   Read full

My partner is bleeding since eight days post ECP. Why?

Continuous usage of emergency contraceptive pill can lead to hormonal imbalance and menstrual irregularity ... Withdrawal effect due to the usage of the contraceptive pill ......   Read full

Delayed period after abortion. Please help.

.. her to wait for a week for her period to start. If it does not start by then, she can repeat urine pregnancy test. If the test turns out to be negative, ask her to take tablet Medroxyprogesterone acetate 10 mg twice daily for five days. Period no...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.