Q. What causes missed period with negative UPT?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

My partner missed her period. We have done home pregnancy tests which showed negative. She does not have any pregnancy symptoms either. What may be the reason of her missed period?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

#

Kindly note that we cannot rule out pregnancy still so wait for another 4 days and do urine pregnancy test again. Were her periods regular before? Does she have any medical illness like fever in last week? Any stress? Any thyroid problem? Any mild bleeding per vaginum? So kindly answer above questions so that I can help you more.

| 

Yes her periods are regular normally. Since we do not want the pregnancy she has been stressed out for the last week thinking about this. A slight amount of vaginal spotting occured on the 13th of may earlier this month.

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

#

As you are telling you do not wish for pregnancy now kindly use barrier contraception (condoms) to avoid pregnancy. Little bleeding 15 days back is at the time of probable ovulation. Now we need to wait for another 4 to 5 days for periods and if she dont get it then repeat urine pregnancy test. Give her mental support. If you don't wish pregnancy now, even if she becomes pregnant there will be medications to remove that. Kindly do urine pregnancy test and consult gynaecologist for further care.

| 

What medicine should I take to postpone my periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am going on a vacation in two days and I am supposed to get my periods today. I still have not got them. I am wondering if there is anything I can take to get my periods now or take something that can delay my periods.  Read Full »

Though my pregnancy test is negative, I miss my period. What to do now?

Query: Hello doctor, I have missed periods and a negative pregnancy test. Should I wait for another test? I tested three days back. The last LMP date was exactly a month back. This is related to my wife.  Read Full »

Faint T Lines Appearing On Urine Pregnancy Tests,While Ultrasounds Say I Am Not Pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for a few months, but every time the test comes back negative. My last periods was on the 25th of last month, and I started ovulating on the third of this month, and it ended on the 12th. My husband and I had sex on the fifth. Despite my history of irregular...  Read Full »