Q. Can the patient feel tired after taking the Petril Beta tablet due to mitral valve prolapse?

Dr. Sapkal Ganeshrao Patilba

I have undegone electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, and treadmill tests. My echocardiogram shows mitral valve prolapse with mild mitral regurgitation. I have also undergone blood tests which came normal. I feel tired after taking the tablet Petril Beta 10 mg.

#

From the reports attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), I can see that all the findings are in the normal range except the echocardiogram, which shows mitral valve prolapse (MVP) with mild mitral regurgitation. Your symptoms are not due to MVP. I suggest you start moderate exercises and follow a diet chart for weight gain.

Thank you doctor for the reply,

Is mitral valve prolapse a serious problem? Is it alright if I continue taking the tablet Petril Beta 10 mg?

#

MVP (mitral valve prolapse) is not a serious issue, but you need to be on follow-ups. I suggest you continue taking your medications.

|