Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Do all my symptoms occur due to lupus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 44 year old female, and I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, and Sjogren's syndrome, with symptoms dating back to as young as six years old. I have also been diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension, thyroiditis, Raynaud disease, right-sided heart enlargeme...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diagnosis of asthma is doubtful as pulmonary issues are seen in conditions you are already suffering from like SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) and rheumatoid arthritis. Basically, the right term for you is MCTD (mixed connective tissue disease), which are associa...  Read Full »

Are joint pain, rashes, and Raynaud's syndrome related to an autoimmune disease?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past few years, I have unusual symptoms. It started with joint and stomach pain. Then, it was a lot worse in times during my monthly cycle. More recently, in the past few years, I have developed an intense reaction to UV exposure. I develop a rash all over my body which used to t...  Read Full »

Dr. Pawar Satyajit Jalinder

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the history provided above. These symptoms like photosensitive rash, joint pains, or Raynaud's individually do not mean anything, but they suggest an individual tendency towards autoimmune conditions if occurring together. Based o...  Read Full »

I have back, knee, and joints pain. Is it an autoimmune disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing back pain, knee pain and aching joints. I have severe burning sensation across my entire mid abdomen. Autoimmune disease runs in my family. Previously, I used to get red rashes all over my body from time to time over the years. My doctor is testing for Lupus. I have h...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your description, it seems to be an autoimmune disease. In the available blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the antinuclear antigen (ANA) is positive. ANA is the common marker for autoimmune diseases. You might be suffering from system...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my chest pain and tightness with shortness of breath?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having chest pain and discomfort for four years now. I feel tightness, sometimes shortness of breath, and slight pain. It hurts the most when I lift something heavy. I have done ANA test, ECG, and blood work.  Read Full »

Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, RNP (ribonuclear protein) levels below 20 units on ELISA is negative. But if it is more than 26 units suggest positive. It is suggesting multiple connective tissue disorders like myositis, scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, etc. PM-scl also suggest that sc...  Read Full »

I am worried about my lab results. Is it an emergency to consult a rheumatologist?

Query: Hello doctor, I am worried about my blood work lab results. My RNP antibodies are at 2.3, speckled pattern 1:80, antinuclear antibodies, IFA is positive. I know I should not be diagnosing myself, but my findings is worrisome. Most of my symptoms match up with what I am seeing. I guess my question i...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the details available, it looks that you have lupus. Possibility of mixed connective tissue disorder (MCTD) is also there. You need furthest tests that include Anti-ds DNA, rheumatoid factor. At this point, you should not get worried unnecessarily. Wait for ...  Read Full »

My RNP is positive and ANA is negative. What is the final diagnosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with RNP positive. I have dry eyes problem. Is RNP positive alone considered as RA? My ANA was negative and all other things negative. My eosinophils are 8.5% in my blood, and I am always suffering from col. I am on HCQS 200 and Defza 6 mg. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may be suffering from mixed connective tissue disorder. But do not worry you may have to take above medications along with that you may take tablet Banocide forte 100 mg twice daily for three weeks. Avoid using plastic. Take plenty of fruits with vegetables. Use ...  Read Full »