Mmr

My child is 1-year-old. I need advice regarding my child vaccination.

Query: Hello doctor, I need advice regarding my child vaccination. I am moving abroad, and the treatments are pending. My kid has completed one year.  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. By one year of age, a child should have received birth vaccines like BCG (bacilli Calmette-Guerin), polio drops. Then three monthly shots of DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus), Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type b), polio injection and hepatitis B. 2. By nine...  Read Full »

Will getting pregnant recently after getting MMR shots cause any problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been in combination birth control pills for over a year and recently got MMR shots. I had a fever and diarrhea and got pregnant during the symptoms. Is this an issue? Will the MMR cause birth defects?  Read Full »

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. MMR is measles, mumps and rubella vaccine. Rubella specifically has a hazardous effect on pregnancy if occurs during the first trimester. If the shots were more than a month from your last period date, then you should not worry so much, as the antibodies are already forme...  Read Full »

When is it safe to give measles vaccine if the child already has chickenpox?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 9 months old. His measles vaccine is pending and he got chickenpox just 10 days before. Is it safe to give measles vaccine today?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chickenpox and measles are similar kind of diseases, categorized as viral infections with a rash. In such a scenario, it is better to give measles vaccine one month after full recovery from chickenpox. It is not a problem to give measles vaccine after a month. Until...  Read Full »

Does rubella quantitative IgG antibodies test impact the pregnancy cycle?

Query: Hello doctor,We are planning for parenthood. My wife is 30 years old and was recently asked by the gynecologist to undergo rubella quantitative IgG antibodies test. The test report shows value as out of range having value as 14.60 IU/mL, and RDW as 15.2 %. What does these report signifies especially...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? To understand better let me give you few facts about the test. Rubella is a virus, which can affect anybody and the usual clinical presentation may be just a cold or maybe slightly higher respiratory infections with or without rashes. Everyone is exp...  Read Full »

Please see if the MMR report is fine.

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I had a blood test for MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and the report that I got, am not able to interpret. Could you please see if the report is fine? Will I require a vaccination dose for the same (I had the vaccination in childhood)? Is it harmful to have the vaccination more ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The results for measles and mumps show high antibodies which mean immunity is either due to past infection or vaccination. As for rubella, the level of antibodies is low which means ...  Read Full »

Can MMR and varicella vaccines cause autism in my 15-month-old kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 15-month-old son was vaccinated with measles vaccine at nine months. Now, he will be vaccinated with MMR and varicella on the same day. I am afraid of the adverse side effects of the MMR vaccine. My son is not premature nor underweight. But after birth, the doctor treated my s...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun Kiran Malhotra

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per current recommendations, MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) and Varicella vaccines can be given to your child at 15 months of age at different sites. There is no association of MMR vaccine with autism. The benefits far outweigh any risks. For more infor...  Read Full »

I got an MMR vaccine 25 days back. Can I plan a pregnancy now?

Query: Hello doctor, I got an MMR vaccine 25 days back, because rubella IgG was reactive, and IgM was nonreactive. And for toxoplasmosis IgG reactive and IgM nonreactive, I did a 15 days course of Rovamycine forte. Can I plan a pregnancy now? Or should I take Rovamycine forte for some more days?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rubella IgG positive indicates that you have immunity, and not infection, so no need to worry. Also, for toxoplasmosis, IgM is negative, which indicates there is no active infection, and it does not require any treatment. It indicates old infection. So, no need to wor...  Read Full »

What are the risks of MMR vaccine during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in an unplanned pregnancy of 6 weeks. Two to three weeks after conceiving, I unknowingly drank wine when I was highly stressed. I had a fluoride treatment at the dentist and received an MMR booster vaccine. My doctor is concerned about the potential risks. Online sources seem fine or...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MMR vaccine is a real threat in a pregnant state (mumps, measles and rubella). Yes, nobody could say you either continue or terminate the pregnancy. Just go through the details. If you wish to adopt the potential risk, then you can continue. For further information...  Read Full »