Q. I got an MMR vaccine 25 days back. Can I plan a pregnancy now?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2021

I got an MMR vaccine 25 days back, because rubella IgG was reactive, and IgM was nonreactive. And for toxoplasmosis IgG reactive and IgM nonreactive, I did a 15 days course of Rovamycine forte. Can I plan a pregnancy now? Or should I take Rovamycine forte for some more days?

#

• Also, for toxoplasmosis, IgM is negative, which indicates there is no active infection, and it does not require any treatment. It indicates old infection.
  • So, no need to worry about anything, and you can plan your pregnancy now.

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you for the reply. I have taken MMR vaccine for rubella, 25 days back. Can I still plan a pregnancy?

#

• You can get pregnant after 28 days of MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccination, which you are about to finish.
  • To be on a safer side, you can avoid pregnancy for additional 1 to 2 weeks.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|