Moisturizer

Why is my T-zone very dry?

Query: Hello doctor, The skin on my face is extremely dry. It becomes dry in patches, and I have to moisturize it 3 to 4 times to stop it from itching and hurting. It has always been a problem, but it has worsened over the last few months. The skin on my cheeks is quite red, and my T-zone is very dry. Any...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have very dry patches elsewhere too? Do you have dandruff? What products do you use on your face? Are the patches always there or appear in episodes? Are there any fixed sites on the face where you get these? Please answer these questions so we can get a better...  Read Full »

How to do transition from winter skin-care routine to spring?

Query: Hello doctor, How to do transition of your winter skin-care routine to spring?   Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As compared to winter, in spring season skincare is changed as follows. 1. In winters, an individual's requirement of water becomes less, whereas in spring one should increase the intake of water as insensible loss of water increases from our skin. 2. In winters, skin ...  Read Full »

Can Tacrolimus ointment be used for peelings lips?

Query: Hi doctor, I have peeling lips for past one year. It started over last winter when I applied moisturizer. Even after I stopped applying the moisturizer it is peeling still. I went to a doctor and he gave me a vitamin tablet. But, I did not get any cure with that. Then I visited a dermatologist and h...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and can very well understand your concern. I would recommend you to upload the photographs of your lips so that I have a clearer picture of your condition and can guide you in a better way. I would also like to ask you few questi...  Read Full »

What is the supposed oil and moisture content level, in the face?

Query: Hello doctor, What is the supposed oil content level? And moisture level in the face that will be considered as normal, low or high?  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both dry skin and oily skin are considered normal as long as it is not causing any problem such as premature cellular aging, wrinkles, acne, and the likes. The amount of moisture in the skin, on the other hand, has to be enough to keep your skin hydrated. So there is...  Read Full »

I have strange redness and red spots on my face and is becoming worse. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have strange redness and red spots on my face. I have photos to attach. It came up one day six months ago for no particular reason. Since then, it has been on and off in terms of severity but never completely disappeared. At first, I thought it was dry skin and tried some moisturizer ...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like an eczematous rash only (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It could be due to dryness, or excess seborrhoea which is getting exacerbated by sunlight exposure. Use the following medicines they should help, 1. Fluticasone propionate 0.05%...  Read Full »

Why are my palms dry and have many lines?

Query: Hi, My hands are extremely rough since childhood. I am 17 years old now. I have tried almost everything to get rid of this problem. I also have so many lines on my palm and fingers. Suggest me some treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hyperlinearity (lines in the palm and fingers) of palms is a feature of a condition called atopic dermatitis. These patients, in general have dry skin in their palms, soles and elsewhere as well. I would suggest you to use a moisturizer twice daily upon the dry ar...  Read Full »

I am about to start using Tretinoin to my face. Can I use a moisturizer after applying Tretinoin at nights?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 33-year-old male, healthy, and have no current or previous skin conditions.1) I am about to start utilizing Tretinoin 0.025 % to apply to my face to get a head start and keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay. There is a product that is a moisturizer that comes with Vitamin C and has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both Tretinoin and glycolic acid work by exfoliating the superficial layers of skin. When applied together, they have the potential to irritate the surface for the same reason. But obviously, it also matters glycolic acid is in what concentration 1 or 2 % should not...  Read Full »

I feel some tenderness in my private area after using hairdryer over it. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I ran out of clean towels after washing up. I only had my hairdryer and proceeded to dry my private area off with it on high setting. It left my penis and scrotal area somewhat dry. The skin is not red, but a little tender. Do I need to put anything on my penis? Did I figure in a day ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are concerned. As you have described it might be a case of mild inflammation caused by heat to the skin.It should subside in couple of day, just use some moisturizing cream.Skin over scrotum in particular is very thin and soft, so avoid doing th...  Read Full »

Why do I have brown stains on the fingertips?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a brown discoloration of the skin around my fingertips. What is the reason?  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need some more information. Since when do you have this problem? Have you used any creams in the past? What is your occupation? Is it present on both the hands? Is it associated with itching? Are you on any medications at present? It will probably be a fingertip eczema...  Read Full »

What causes dark spots on fingers?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 44 years old. For the past one year, I have noticed dark spots on the fingers and near knuckles on the left hand. They do not hurt, but look like a burn. I also noticed numbness in the tip of my left middle finger. I have allergies, asthma and sleep apnea. I am also suffering from h...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.