Mole Types

What is the treatment for two perfectly symmetrical colored moles on the neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a teenager. Six months ago, I noticed that I had two colored moles on my neck. I immediately went to a dermatologist. She checked all my moles and she told me that the two colored moles were perfectly symmetrical. So, she did not offer to remove it. I have learned from the intern...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. One should always look for the following changes for melanocytic nevus: Change in color and irregular surface. Increase in the size of the lesion. Irregular margins. Inflammation. Bleeding, crusting, and oozing. There are many types of melanocytic nev...  Read Full »

Why is my mole proliferating even after excision?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question about a mole. I had a mole biopsied a few week back and the pathology report came back, as the pathologic process is that of a proliferation of nevomelanocytes within the epidermis and focally within the dermis. Cytologic atypia is present and manifests as large nuclei,...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Melanocytic nevi have aberrant course and continue to show junctional activity. These areas can have cytological atypia, and disorderly growth pattern of malignant melanoma develops in situ. Downward spread in dermis results in invasive melanoma. Also, junct...  Read Full »

Used home remedy to remove mole and it remains as a pinkish scar. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, About 15 months ago, I used apple cider vinegar as a home remedy to remove a mole from the back of my calf. I applied the apple cider vinegar to the mole daily until it formed a scab, which later fell off leaving pink skin underneath. There is still a pinkish scar, which is very slowl...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Although the pictures are not clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can perceive it as the junctional nevus. Using vinegar cause irritant reaction and thus causing the destruction of melanocytes, but unfortunately this method is not precise and does n...  Read Full »