Q. What causes tiny pimples on penis?

Dr. Vandana Andrews
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 25, 2020

I am an 18-year-old boy. My penis foreskin when pulled I see a lot of small very tiny pimple like formations. It is only present on the left part of my foreskin. It does not cause any irritation but it looks wierd and I am worried. Please help me with a solution.

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Internal Medicine
#

From the review of your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems like a viral skin infection mollusca contagiosa skin contamination mollusca contagiosa. Usually such infections over genitals in adults is acquired from sexual intercourse.

Usually such infections over genitals in adults is received from sexual intercourse. I would love to understand whether there are any records of unprotected sexual intercourse with recognized/unknown partner in recent past. Also, is there any history of similar skin lesions in your partner. In such infections over genitals, I typically suggest screening of other STDs like syphilis and HIV and for that reason could advocate you to get VDRL check and HIV antibody check completed from any excellent laboratory.

Dermatologist select treating mollusca aggressively as they are contagious like radiofrequency cautery wherein thermal electricity is used to ruin the inflamed skin tissue. Radiofrequency cautery is a common workplace-based totally technique and you could avail it from any accurate dermatologist in your metropolis.

|