Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. What causes tiny pimples on penis?

Answered by
Dr. Vandana Andrews
and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 25, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am an 18-year-old boy. My penis foreskin when pulled I see a lot of small very tiny pimple like formations. It is only present on the left part of my foreskin. It does not cause any irritation but it looks wierd and I am worried. Please help me with a solution.

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Internal Medicine


Welcome to

From the review of your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems like a viral skin infection mollusca contagiosa skin contamination mollusca contagiosa. Usually such infections over genitals in adults is acquired from sexual intercourse.

Usually such infections over genitals in adults is received from sexual intercourse. I would love to understand whether there are any records of unprotected sexual intercourse with recognized/unknown partner in recent past. Also, is there any history of similar skin lesions in your partner. In such infections over genitals, I typically suggest screening of other STDs like syphilis and HIV and for that reason could advocate you to get VDRL check and HIV antibody check completed from any excellent laboratory.

Dermatologist select treating mollusca aggressively as they are contagious like radiofrequency cautery wherein thermal electricity is used to ruin the inflamed skin tissue. Radiofrequency cautery is a common workplace-based totally technique and you could avail it from any accurate dermatologist in your metropolis.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Why is there urine urgency after sexual intercourse?
I have some eruptions on the skin of my pubic area. What could they be?
What treatment can I get for the painless bumps present on my penis?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What could these skin tag like bumps be due to?

Query: Hello doctor, My 6 year old daughter has two skin tag like bumps on her skin near the underwear line. She has had them for several months now and not getting bigger in size. It has been of the same size since it appeared. She does not have any pain or itching. She does not complain about them. But,...  Read Full »

Why have I missed period after sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor,My last date of the period was last month. Usually, I have an improper cycle (one month miss). We had intercourse after almost a month and I took Ipill on the third evening. Please help.  Read Full »

I am having cold after sexual intercourse. Should I get tested for HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old boy. Recently, I had sex with a lady. We are working together, and two weeks before only her visa got renewed. While the visa stamping time, they check all procedures and tests. About her, she is divorced and separated before one year back. Since one year she lived ...  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.