Mood Imbalance

What is the reason for my husband's overthinking and disinterest to go to work?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband and I got married 1.5 years back and we have a 3-month-old child. Recently, he started feeling disinterested to go to work place and is always overthinking. When I asked about his overthinking, he said he did not like to go to office. However, when I enquired at his office, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Siva Anoop Yella

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would be happy to help. Tabley Risperidone is an antipsychotic used to treat schizophrenia or any psychotic disorders. Tablet Lorazepam is for sleep. Can I know if he is continuing the medicines? Did he mention anytime that he hears any...  Read Full »

Are hourly mood swings typically seen in depression?

Query: Hi doctor, I have hourly mood swings, sometimes 10 to 20 minutes. I will be fine, all of a sudden, I feel sad, and I feel like I am dying. And my movement slows down, and I am just numb, and then I have this burst of energy. I cannot even get out of bed. Is this normal for depression? I have been ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth N. Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What are your symptoms exactly? If they are of depression, then the treatment with an SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) is ideally given for six months or so. Basically, if you are depressed, you will feel irritable, low, feel like crying, sad, do not ...  Read Full »

I have low mood, debilitating anxiety, and intrusive thoughts about the past. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, For months I have struggled with low mood, debilitating anxiety, intrusive thoughts about the past, avoiding anything to do with the past, suicidal thoughts, self harm, and daily guilt and shame that has stopped me from hanging out with friends, or being successful in school. Everyday...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth N. Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would beg to differ with the psychiatrist who you have consulted and all the symptoms you have mentioned are depressive symptoms which do need treatment with medicines. Therapy can only help increase the effect of medicines, it is not a replacement . I would prefer...  Read Full »

What is seasonal affective disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, What is seasonal affective disorder and recommend products that can help people manage their symptoms?   Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression related to seasonal changes. I would like to call it winter mood changes as it often happens during the winter time. Mostly related to lack of sunshine. During the spring and summer, everything changes and the s...  Read Full »

I feel sad, cranky and tired. What can I do?

Query: Hi doctor, My energy levels are low, and I feel sad and cranky. What can I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Madathupalayam Madhankumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from major depressive disorder. You need to take medication for your disorder and be active in your life. Try to do exercise daily like just go for a walk for 30 to 45 minutes, take good food, avoid junk food, get sound sleep at least six to eig...  Read Full »