Mood Imbalance

Are hourly mood swings typically seen in depression?

Query: I have been having hourly mood swings [ somtimes 10-20 minutes ] Im not sure i will be fine then im sad lke super sad and then i have this burst of energy . I cant even get out of bed . Is this normal for depression? I have been diagnosed with these: dermatillomania. Anxitey Depression with...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello. what are your symptoms exactly? If they are of depression, then the treatment with an SSRI is ideally given for 6 months or so. Basically if you are depressed, you will feel irritable, low, feel like crying, sad, don’t wish to eat , have difficulty sleep, there can be anxiety, tirednes...  Read Full »

I have low mood, debilitating anxiety, and intrusive thoughts about the past. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, For months I have struggled with low mood, debilitating anxiety, intrusive thoughts about the past, avoiding anything to do with the past, suicidal thoughts, self harm, and daily guilt and shame that has stopped me from hanging out with friends, or being successful in school. Everyday...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would beg to differ with the psychiatrist who you have consulted and all the symptoms you have mentioned are depressive symptoms which do need treatment with medicines. Therapy can only help increase the effect of medicines, it is not a replacement . I would prefer...  Read Full »

Why am I have extreme mood swings?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old female in college, and I have been struggling with my mood lately. During the day I am super loud, and happy, but when I am alone or bored my mind wanders and I find myself get deeply sad. I also sometimes get irritable and snap at people. I do not know why I get sa...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I must say that it seems you are going through a tough time. For most of the cases who are going through what you are going through, exercising helps. I would suggest you start engaging in some physical activity for your blood flow to ...  Read Full »

What is seasonal affective disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, What is seasonal affective disorder and recommend products that can help people manage their symptoms?   Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression related to seasonal changes. I would like to call it winter mood changes as it often happens during the winter time. Mostly related to lack of sunshine. During the spring and summer, everything changes and the s...  Read Full »

How can I manage a stubborn and excited geriatric patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 85 years old and now he has become very stubborn and is not listening to anyone. He is excited many times and shouted at his son. He used to do some housework like electric, water seeping anything and spoiled it because now he cannot do anything in a proper way. So he dam...  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start Chamomilla 200 five pills in the morning, noon, evening and night, Alfalfa mother tincture 10 drops in half cup of water in the morning noon and night. Along with these try to do the following: It is very common in old age. Do not take it on mind much....  Read Full »

I feel sad, cranky and tired. What can I do?

Query: Hi doctor, My energy levels are low, and I feel sad and cranky. What can I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Madathupalayam Madhankumar

Surgical Gastroenterologist, General Practitioner, Family Physician, Vascular Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from major depressive disorder. You need to take medication for your disorder and be active in your life. Try to do exercise daily like just go for a walk for 30 to 45 minutes, take good food, avoid junk food, get sound sleep at least six to eig...  Read Full »