Q. What can be done for extreme mood imbalance?

Dr. Kiran Lakhani
Published on Jan 11, 2020

I am a 19-year-old female in college, and I have been struggling with my mood lately. During the day I am super loud, and happy, but when I am alone or bored my mind wanders and I find myself get deeply sad. I also sometimes get irritable and snap at people. I do not know why I get sad or angry. I also sleep all the time. I am on Lexapro for my anxiety. I am worried with how fast my mood changes, and how sometimes I think everyone likes me, and then all of a sudden I think they do not. What is going on, and could it be some other mental illness?

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy
#

I have gone through your query and I must say that it seems you are going through a tough time. For most of the cases who are going through what you are going through, exercising helps. I would suggest you start engaging in some physical activity for your blood flow to increase in all parts of your body and help you remain energetic for a long time. This will help you have an activity in the times you are alone and then make you tired to sleep and rest.

Apart from this, also try and find activities that you can do once you are back home so that you can substitute the quite and lonely time with doing a task which interests you. I hope once you start practicing the above mentioned on a regular basis you will feel better. All the best.

| 

I feel sad, cranky and tired. What can I do?

Query: Hi doctor, My energy levels are low, and I feel sad and cranky. What can I do?  Read Full »

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

Easy Exercises for Knee Osteoarthritis (OA)

Article Overview: This article talks briefly about knee osteoarthritis and stresses on how you can benefit from special physiotherapy exercises for the knee. Read Article

Dr. Ankita Sharma
Physiotherapist

Osteoarthritis is a form of arthritis that features the breakdown and eventually, loss of the cartilage of one or more joints. Osteoarthritis occurs more frequently as we age, the common age group of onset being 40 to 50 years. Osteoarthritis is referred to as degenerative joint diseases (DJD). Oste...  Read Article