Q. What can be done for extreme mood imbalance?

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

I am a 19-year-old female in college, and I have been struggling with my mood lately. During the day I am super loud, and happy, but when I am alone or bored my mind wanders and I find myself get deeply sad. I also sometimes get irritable and snap at people. I do not know why I get sad or angry. I also sleep all the time. I am on Lexapro for my anxiety. I am worried with how fast my mood changes, and how sometimes I think everyone likes me, and then all of a sudden I think they do not. What is going on, and could it be some other mental illness?

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy
#

I have gone through your query and I must say that it seems you are going through a tough time. For most of the cases who are going through what you are going through, exercising helps. I would suggest you start engaging in some physical activity for your blood flow to increase in all parts of your body and help you remain energetic for a long time. This will help you have an activity in the times you are alone and then make you tired to sleep and rest.

Apart from this, also try and find activities that you can do once you are back home so that you can substitute the quite and lonely time with doing a task which interests you. I hope once you start practicing the above mentioned on a regular basis you will feel better. All the best.

|