Q. How to avoid early morning erection?

Dr. Shazia Anjum
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 20 years old. My penis is 9 inches in erected state. Is it abnormal to have penis of such length? I get my penis hard very easy and fast. I end up masturbating 1 or 2 times a day. Is it normal? At times, I am able to masturbate without my penis being fully erect also. Few mornings I wake up with erect penis which is embarrassing. Please suggest a solution to this. In adult movies, they show when men masturbate a lot of cum comes out of the penis. Whereas in my case not much cum comes out. Please address my queries.

Dr. Shazia Anjum

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy
#

• Yes, your penis length is normal.
  • In this age erection on minor scenes or thoughts is very common. And morning erection is a normal thing and it should be there.
  • About discharge after masturbation is that when you do it for the first time or after a long time then only you have it in large quantity. Otherwise it remains small when you do consecutively. So, there is no need to worry.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

Thank you for the reply. Is there a solution for early morning erection? Because, it is embarrassing. I used to do masturbation daily. Is there any harm if masturbation is done with garments?

Dr. Shazia Anjum

#

• Morning erection is a natural phenomenon. I think if we obstruct it, we are hindering natural process.
  • About the masturbation inside the garments is not a problem, but it is better if you do it open.

|