Q. I have a light pink patch in my mouth. What could it be?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

While checking my mouth, I found an unusual dot-like patch with light pink to reddish white in color. Is that normal?

#

I went through your query and the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Nothing to worry about. It is a small ulcer that might have created due to trauma from toothbrush or the soft tissue might get placed while chewing food in between edges of your third molar, that have created that small ulcerated patch. It is next to normal and nothing to worry about.

Next time you visit your dentist for a routine checkup ask him/her to grind if any sharp edges felt on the third molar area. It is very minor and do not need any attention.

Use Rexidine M Forte Gel (Chlorhexidine + Metronidazole+ Lignocaine). Keep the gel at home but a small ulcer like it do not even need any medication.

Might be due to trauma from tooth brush. Or due to accidental chew of that minor area leading to a very small ulcer.
Nothing serious or its nothing to be worried in any kind

No medications needed. But I still wrote a gel just in case you need in the future.

No prevention needed, absolutely fine.

|