I think I brushed my gums hard and noticed that my right upper gum got hurt, and it looked red. Then a couple of days later, two white sores appeared. I will see a dentist soon, but since I am traveling, I will not be available for four days and got scared it is something terrible. I have attached the pictures.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I have gone through your query and attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understood your concern. Please do not be worried. This is a simple traumatic ulcer (gum ulcer caused due to injury).
Any gum ulcers take at least a week to heal. This will settle on its own. However, we should be very cautious during the healing period to avoid secondary infection of the ulcer. If it happens, it delays the healing.
Let me suggest you some instructions, home remedies, and an ointment to facilitate faster healing.
1. Avoid hot, spicy, hard, and chewy foods that can aggravate the pain and can delay the healing.
2. Rinse mouth after every meal to remove food deposits.
3. Do not use the involved side for chewing and use the other side until this heals.
4. Leave that tooth area undisturbed.
5. Avoid touching or probing the area with a finger as it can introduce infection.
6. Brush gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush and avoid aggressive strokes over the concerned area.
7. Please drink sufficient water that helps faster healing.
8. Take the prescribed ointment and home remedies exactly as directed and at correct intervals. Avoid skipping doses.
1. Warm saline mouth rinsing thrice or four times daily will help reduce the pain and infection (one pinch of salt in one glass of lukewarm water).
2. Drink honey mixed water, which will help soothing inflamed gums or ulcers (one teaspoon of honey in one glass of lukewarm water).
Dologel-CT helps to relieve pain and discomfort.
Wash your hands well. Apply a dab of gel over the concerned area with a clean fingertip or bud. Wait for three to five mins. Do not swallow saliva in the meantime. Rinse your mouth with water after five minutes. Do this before having food. This will start settling in a couple of days if these home remedies, instructions, and ointment are followed.
I hope this helps.
Accidental hard brushing.Probable diagnosis:
Traumatic ulcers in respect to 15, 16.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. not an autoimmune disorder, so autoimmune markers are expected to be negative. In an osteoarthritic joint, as cartilage is irreversibly destroyed and bone abnormalities develop, movement becomes painful and more difficult. In my opinion, regardin... Read fullI have indigestion, gastritis, mouth ulcers and wet cough. Please help.
Hello doctor, I have indigestion, gastritis, mouth ulcers, and a wet cough ... it is generally seen that indigestion causes acidity, gaseous distention, mouth ulcers, and constipation ... Read fullMy skin is itchy, bumpy and red all over my body. Why?
.. about the exact site of involvement of allergies .. ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dentist Now