Q. My cheek feels sore after placing a temporary bridge. Why?

Dr. Sandeep Menon
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 26, 2020

I had a tooth extraction and a temporary bridge on my back upper teeth. The temporary bridge broke and I got another one. After this, I started to have some soreness in my left cheek and left side of my tongue. My cheek feels swollen and sore. I noticed two white bumps on the inner side of my cheek today. Is this from the dental work or something else?

#

• Some patients develop allergic reactions towards the resins used in temporary crowns. But, since you already had one earlier, allergy can be ruled out.
  • If the margins of the bridge are irregular and sharp, then it can cause discomfort.
  • The signs can be ulcers or inflammation in the inner part of the cheeks or on the sides of the tongue, where the crown is in contact with. You will need to show this to a dentist soon.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|