Q. My cheek feels sore after placing a temporary bridge. Why?

Dr. Sandeep Menon
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 26, 2020

I had a tooth extraction and a temporary bridge on my back upper teeth. The temporary bridge broke and I got another one. After this, I started to have some soreness in my left cheek and left side of my tongue. My cheek feels swollen and sore. I noticed two white bumps on the inner side of my cheek today. Is this from the dental work or something else?

#

• Some patients develop allergic reactions towards the resins used in temporary crowns. But, since you already had one earlier, allergy can be ruled out.
  • If the margins of the bridge are irregular and sharp, then it can cause discomfort.
  • The signs can be ulcers or inflammation in the inner part of the cheeks or on the sides of the tongue, where the crown is in contact with. You will need to show this to a dentist soon.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

Have allergy problems. I always have runny nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and coughing and cannot breathe normally.

Query: Hello, I have been having allergy problems for many years. I cannot breathe from my nose even if it is not blocked because I feel like I get less oxygen from my nose. I also have asthma and as the seasons change my allergies react. I always have running nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and ...  Read Full »

My allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking 10 mg Singulair and 10 mg Cetirizine for five years for allergies, asthma, and Lyme. I just got two more kittens, and the medicines do not work anymore. I am miserable and desperate. I asked my doctor to give me 20 mg of Cetirizine and something else because I think ...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»