Q. There is a white raised line on my tongue. What could it be?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2019

The left side of my tongue has been hurting for a few days, and there is a white raised line on it. What do you think it could be? The image is attached.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

I have seen the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It seems to be an inflammation of the tongue mucosa either due to common mouth ulcer erupting below the tongue or a tongue bite which occurred while chewing the food.
  • If it is an ulcer forming, it will resolve in two days time, when it bursts out. It will then heal in a week's time.
  • You can take an anti-inflammatory medication like Aceclofenac or Ibuprofen if necessary. Such inflammation has a normal course of two weeks in which at least four to five days will be painful before it heals.
  • Frequent ulcerations are caused by either a vitamin B complex deficiency or due to eating patterns. General health conditions like diabetes can also cause them.

Hope your doubt is cleared.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

How long can I take Ibuprofen for pain from broken ribs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old female, and I fell 10 days back and broke one or two ribs. The only thing that brings any relief is Ibuprofen 800 mg. I need to know how often and for how long can I take Ibuprofen? I tried Oxycodone 10 mg, but it does not work that well. Thank you.  Read Full »

Which vitamin to take for premature ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor,I did a test. I got my results that my erection transmitter is 2.99, testosterone is 4.459. vitamins E, K, and C are also slightly low. Could this be the reason I have premature ejaculation? At times, I also have a weak erection after one ejaculation. What should I take to treat these? Tha...  Read Full »

Why do I feel dizzy after taking Ibuprofen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 18 year old female, and I weigh 135 lbs and 5.4 feet tall. I take birth control pills every night, along with two 500 mcg Biotin and two 500 mg cranberry pills. Tonight, I had a headache, so I accidentally took two 800 mg Ibuprofen tablets without thinking about it. I feel extremel...  Read Full »