Q. What to do for a small lump inside my cheek?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Published on Jun 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2019

There is a small lump inside my left cheek. It has been there for about three days. There is no pain, but when I push it with my tongue or if I hit that then it will be painful. I am attaching a photo. Does it look serious? I have to wait for two weeks until my appointment with a dentist. Should I do anything meanwhile? Please suggest me.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

You need not have to worry much as it is nothing serious.

• It is a swelling along with ulcer formation of cheek due to biting of cheek by the corresponding upper and lower teeth.
  • The upper tooth nearby to the ulcer is not in shape which results in the cheeks getting stuck between the teeth. The constant irritation by biting of the cheek has caused injury, swelling and ulcer in the area.
  • The ulcer will heal in two weeks if treated properly.
  • You should ask your dentist to place a cap over that upper tooth, which is heavily filled and has lost its correct shape.
  • I suggest you to use warm saline gargle to heal the injury and faster healing and also eat a balanced diet with lots of vegetables.
  • I suggest you to take Vitamin B complex capsules once daily for two weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with their consent.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

I have ulceration on my penis years after a risky exposure. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,In my teenage, I used a condom that was already used by someone, laying on the street. I have done the same thrice or so. After that, I got wound, sores and also ulceration on my penis. The same was recurrent occasionally and after that its occurrence was rare. Now, I am 34 and right no...  Read Full »

How to cure ulcers and mouth stiffness developed due to pan chewing?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got ulcers in my mouth due to chewing pan masala, and I have stopped eating it now. I am unable to eat spicy food and hot foods. I have developed stiffness in my inner mouth. So I am unable to open my mouth. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Can vitamin B12 deficiency result in unbalancing while walking?

Query: Hi doctor, Three years back, I had the problem of unbalancing while walking. I never felt any dizziness or spinning of head. I just had a feeling that I will fall down. I consulted a doctor and he told me that it was due to vitamin B12 deficiency and also prescribed me few shots of Vitcofol. Initial...  Read Full »