Q. Why is there a yellow spot on the gums?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I have a yellow spot on the right side of the gums. I also have a pain in the back tooth. I am taking Ibuprofen and applied Bonjela. But still, I have pain in the tooth. What could it be?

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a traumatic ulcer or chemical burn. The reason can be due to the tissue present between the last two teeth. It is chewed during grinding causing a traumatic ulcer. The other reason can be a chemical burn.

As the image is not clear, I am unable to differentiate them. Please mention about the age of the ulcer. The above information is necessary as the lesion itself can present as a nonhealing ulcer in the mouth. For the pain, you can take the following medications. Take Ofloxacin 200 mg twice daily. Take Metronidazole 400 mg thrice daily for five days. Take Ibuprofen if there is a pain.

|