Mri Angiography Brain

Can a head injury result in severe migraines?

Query: My bf has been having severe migraines we where at a family event and he fell and hit his head after this happened we went home his temperature had risen and he started to have bad migraines I took him to the emergency room they did X-Rays and did a spinal tapping to check for fluid on the spine eve...  Read Full »

Dr. Seyedaidin Sajedi

Answer: Dear According to your history your BF had a head trauma and after that, fever and sever headache has started. You said that in the ER, he had underwent X-ray and spinal tap. What about brain CT scan? Did you mean CT scan by saying "X-ray"? I ask it because it is very important. If a brain CT was...  Read Full »

Why is my scalp tender?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from localized tenderness in scalp. I also have left thigh numbness. My doctor diagnosed it as mild meralgia paresthetica. He prescribed Pregabalin, but I did not take due to concern of dizziness and drowsiness. I always have a fear that antidepressant medicine can cause ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for giving such an elaborate information and history (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Scalp tenderness is a common symptom of migraine headache. It can be associated with hemicranial headache or it can be a sole symptom of migraine. Though there...  Read Full »

Which will show brain aneurysm clearly, MR angio or CT angio?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months ago, I had an MRA of the brain as I have weird headaches that time. The result showed a little thing, which they thought could be a small aneurysm between 1 mm and 2 mm. But, they were not sure whether it is an aneurysm or anything on the arteries. So, they advised me to go f...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CT angiography has sensitivities of 77% to 97% and specificities of 87% to 100% for picking up an aneurysm. MR angio sensitivity and specificities are way less than CT angio. So, when CT angio is negative for an aneurysm, it is good news. Even more important to know is t...  Read Full »

What causes imbalance in walking?

Query: Hello doctor, Age : 55 years old. Sex : Male. Height: 5.4 feet. Weight : 70 kg. Initial symptoms noticed before two months: 1. Slight imbalance in walking. 2. Unable to walk properly, unable to control the direction of legs. 3. Needed support of wall (sometimes) or a person. 4. Unable to wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that the patient is having neurological problem at multiple levels. 1. Causes for imbalance while walking: - Problem in cerebellum (part of brain), unlikely in this case as the MRI of brain was normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). - W...  Read Full »