Q. Can you please explain me the results of pediatric MRI of brain?

Dr. Rajyaguru

Can you please explain to me the results of pediatric MRI.

Patchy regions of increased T2 signal intensity within the periatrial deep white matter are primarily with the terminal zones.

The hippocampi are both relatively small and with mildly prominent flair signal.

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgery Neurology Spine Surgery
#

The hippocampus is a structure deep-seated at the level of the temple (at the sides of the forehead). It is significantly small in a condition called medial temporal sclerosis, which can give rise to epilepsy. That is why they have mentioned that the hippocampus is relatively small but, there is no atrophy as such, so the changes in the hippocampus are not contributing much to epilepsy. How to find out whether it is contributing to epilepsy? Your doctor would correlate the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) findings with EEG (electroencephalogram) pattern and find out.

Regarding T2 hyperintensities in the deep parietal region, it is just suggestive of increase water or myelin content in the deep area of the brain behind the ears but in front of occiput. This is not producing any signal changes in other sequences than T2, so this may not be significant at all.

I hope you understand this. MRI findings are too technical to convert them in simple terms. I have tried my best to make it simple.

| 

Is there any finding in my MRI regarding ice pick headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having ice pick headaches. Hence, I went for an MRI scan and regular blood tests. Now, I am wondering whether my report is normal. Can you please guide me? Thank you.  Read Full »

Please help me understand the outcome of my brain tumor surgery.

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I had CyberKnife surgery for a brain tumor. Today, I had my MRI again. I want to know the report. Please explain.  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. If lesions heal does it mean the disease progressing?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34-years-old female. Last year I was diagnosed with MS. I had an MRI scan with the contract last year, which showed up lesions in the brain and two were active at that time. I had another MRI last week and got my results today. It shows no new lesions or activity also the lesions...  Read Full »