iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersOrthopedician and TraumatologymriI have attached my 18-year-old son’s MRI report. Please review.

Are MRI interpretations enough to decide the need for a surgery?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 27, 2024
Reviewed AtMay 27, 2024

Patient's Query

I have attached my 18-year-old son’s MRI report here. I got different opinions from doctors. Is it necessary for surgery? Please give me advice on what to do.

Please help.

I read your query and understand your concern.

Yes, surgery is necessary as the patient is young, and ligaments are necessary for knee stability. So, arthroscopic surgery is required. You need to take the following tablets:

1. Tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg twice in the morning and night for ten days after food. 2. Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg once in the morning for ten days before food.

3. Tablet Shelcal (calcium) 500 mg once in the morning for 30 days before food.

4. Tablet Vitamin D (60k) once daily for ten days, then once a month for 11 months.

Take these tablets only if you are not allergic to them. Do not take these tablets if you have a known case of bronchial asthma. Follow up immediately in case of any untoward reactions. Activities that cause pain should be avoided temporarily. Activities like squatting, kneeling, twisting and pivoting, jogging, aerobics, dancing, and playing sports should be avoided until knee pain and swelling resolve. You should wear a hinged knee brace for support to the knee joint. Wear it all day, and you can remove it at night. Apply ice packs twice daily for 15 minutes each.

I hope this answers your questions.

Revert in case of more queries.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sharoff Lokesh Mohan
Dr. Sharoff Lokesh Mohan

Orthopedician and Traumatology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Orthopedician and Traumatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy