Mucous And Blood In Stools

Why do I often see bright red blood in my stool and feel tired?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old with a weight of 77 kilograms and a height of six feet. Before 40 days, I saw some blood coming out while passing stools. After that, I saw them for the next two days and then my problem went away. Before a week, I noticed some small amount of blood again in my stool....  Read Full »

Dr. Abdullah Sultan

General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have hemorrhoids that cause blood in stools. Fatigue occurs due to loss of blood causing anemia. I suggest you consult a surgeon for having a physical examination to confirm the diagnosis. I suggest you do CBC (complete blood count) to check your hemoglo...  Read Full »

Are frequent bowel movements a symptom of a stomach bug?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past 10 days, I have been having frequent bowel movements. At first, it started with lots of pain, but the pain got subside after relieving my bowels. The stools were softer and of large quantity. No blood in stool, but a little bit of red color on my toilet paper. I have hemorrho...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Your history suggests two differential diagnosis: Irritable bowel syndrome. Colitis that is inflammatory bowel disease. Since your prior investigations were normal, irritable bowel syndrome is more likely. I need the following details in order to ...  Read Full »

What causes mucus and blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, There is white mucus layer on stool, actually I am suffering since last month. There were two drops of blood after stool had passed and after 5 days at night I had stool with mucus and the next day I went to washroom four times with mild pain in abdominal and I went to the doctor he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand how frustrating you are regarding your problem. I have reviewed your complete history and understand that you have ongoing infection within the lower part of your large bowel which is called as rectum. Medically it is termed as proctitis i.e. inflamm...  Read Full »

What causes blood and mucous in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and I weigh 60 kg. A few days back, after dinner, I passed stools and while flushing, I found the stool to have mucous and blood. When I attempted to clean the anal region after defecating, I found all three tips of my finge...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following are the possibilities according to your complaints: Acute dysentery. Piles (hemorrhoids). Inflammatory Bowel Disease. You need to consult a doctor for physical examination. You will need proctoscopy (medical examination of the anal cavity with a thin t...  Read Full »

Kindly clarify if I am suffering from any cancer or liver disease.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old male. For the last three weeks, I have been having the urge to poop. But, only mucus would come out. I have had blood tests and stool samples taken and everything was normal except the following. I had a high lymphocyte count of 3.3, high bilirubin count of 1.6 and low...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of colon cancer are blood in stool, altered bowel habit that is intermittent constipation and diarrhea, mild and occasional abdominal pain (depending on the site of the cancer), decrease appetite and weight loss. Mucus in stool either indicates inflammatory b...  Read Full »

I have fever and diarrhea with little blood. What does that mean?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been ill for the past five to six days and seem to gradually be getting better. I had a very strong fever the first night, then very mild fever and lots of diarrhea over the last three days, but yesterday I noticed there was a lot of blood but also last night I managed to get the...  Read Full »

Dr. Yogesh Kumar Sehrawat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are likely to be suffering from dysentery. It is like bloody diarrhea, fever, and loose stools indicating you are having an infection going on. I would like you to get a CBC (complete blood count), stool routine and microscopy tests also done. Till then you shoul...  Read Full »