Q. I suffer from a whole lot of symptoms for almost seven years. Please help me.

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

I have the following symptoms, and please give me a suggestion. The symptoms are headache, tiredness, difficulty to concentrate, nervousness, forgetfulness, anxiety, sensitivity to glare, impaired light-dark adaptation, blurred vision, oversensitivity to light, dry eyes, ringing in the ear, neck stiffness, pain in the limbs, joint pain, muscle stiffness, muscular weakness in the arm, numbness in the arm, weakness or numbness on the right or left side of the body, muscle weakness, numbness of the hands, tingling, cold hands, brittleness of nails, muscle pain, leg cramps, leg pain, feeling of tension in the legs, joint instability, muscular weakness in the leg, numbness in the leg, difficulty with gait, cold feet, back pain, lower back pain.

#

Welcome to icliniq .com.

I can understand your concern. It looks like you have a whole lot of symptoms. It is almost seven years that you are experiencing the symptoms, which are increasing as the days or years passed. I have few questions before I suggest anything. Are the medicines you are taking are prescribed by a neurologist? If so, since when are you taking? How is your period (menstruation)? Is it regular or irregular, more flow, scanty flow, painful periods? Let me know. Is there any family history of the thyroid-related problem? Have you ever checked your thyroid functioning? How is your waterworks? I mean urinary habits? Please let me know your answers to suggest further.

My neurologist prescribed Topiramate two months back. My menstruation cycle comes about every 27 days, and I get some cramping. The flow starts low, then it is pretty heavy, and then lies again. I have two children, and both are natural delivery. I am an adopted child, so I do not know my family medical history. I had my thyroid checked in four years before, and back then, it was normal. As for urinary habits, I am uncomfortable not having a pad on all day because I am afraid of leaking. I did the exercises to strengthen, but they did not help. Most nights, I wake up needing to use the bathroom.

#

That really helps me in narrowing down my differentials. Now, with the kind of symptoms you have, I am considering two situations. Again they are based on symptomatology and need further confirmation by a battery of tests.

1. Thyroid-related- Any variations in the way the thyroid gland (a tiny gland in front of our neck) works can lead to a whole lot of symptoms. However, it will not cause any disturbance in urination.

2. Multiple sclerosis- A type of neurological condition that can have very similar symptoms you mentioned. This can be confirmed only after clinical examination and few specific tests. Please discuss with your neurologist.

Kindly do not be afraid of any disease condition mentioned here. These are the most probable and require further clinical examination and few specific tests to confirm. Please get the thyroid profile done first (thyroid-stimulating hormone, free triiodothyronine, and free thyroxine) and follow up with your neurologist for a complete evaluation.

I have attached the reports. Please look at the reports and suggest the treatment.

#

I have not received the reports, not a problem. In any case, please follow up with your neurologist. Take Care.

|