Q. What is the Ayurvedic treatment for early multiple sclerosis?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

I have early multiple sclerosis. I feel tired and loss of concentration, and tingling sensation on the face for the last two years. What is the treatment? I am currently taking Brufen.

#

You visit nearby Ayurveda panchakarma center and do the cleansing or detoxifying process first. Once in a year, you can undergo panchakarma therapy. Also, start yoga practice for lifelong. Yoga can prevent the degenerative changes in multiple sclerosis. In addition, you need to consume the following drugs for one year:

1. Tablet Rheumowin one morning and one evening after food.
  2. Tablet Nurowin (alpha-Lipoic acid, Selenium, etc.) two morning and two evening after food.
  3. Capsule Rasa Ganthi Mezhugu one at night.

These drugs can be obtained from local Ayurvedic dealers or medical shop. You need to be under regular follow up with local Ayurveda or Siddha doctor to assess disease improvement.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Can you recommend any herbs that we can make as tea and drink at home instead of ayurvedic drugs?

#

Since this disease is autoimmune related and the condition can worsen in future, we need to really consume polyherbal drugs for a long period, that will at least prevent future complications. As a home remedy, you can use the following herbs:

1. Tinospora cordifolia.
  2. Centella asiatica.

Buy these two herbs. Take 5 gram of each (total 10 gram), mix with water, then heat it in mild flame. After 15 minutes, filter it and drink it. This needs to be consumed for three times in a day on empty stomach (before food). At least two time are must. If you want to prepare for two times together, take 10 gm each (total of 20 gm) and add four cups of water, heat mildly for 15 minutes. Then filter half of it to drink in morning before food. Evening, again apply heat for three minutes, then filter the remaining and drink.

|