Q. What is the Ayurvedic treatment for early multiple sclerosis?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

I have early multiple sclerosis. I feel tired and loss of concentration, and tingling sensation on the face for the last two years. What is the treatment? I am currently taking Brufen.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

You visit nearby Ayurveda panchakarma center and do the cleansing or detoxifying process first. Once in a year, you can undergo panchakarma therapy. Also, start yoga practice for lifelong. Yoga can prevent the degenerative changes in multiple sclerosis. In addition, you need to consume the following drugs for one year:

1. Tablet Rheumowin one morning and one evening after food.
  2. Tablet Nurowin (alpha-Lipoic acid, Selenium, etc.) two morning and two evening after food.
  3. Capsule Rasa Ganthi Mezhugu one at night.

These drugs can be obtained from local Ayurvedic dealers or medical shop. You need to be under regular follow up with local Ayurveda or Siddha doctor to assess disease improvement.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

Can you recommend any herbs that we can make as tea and drink at home instead of ayurvedic drugs?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

#

Since this disease is autoimmune related and the condition can worsen in future, we need to really consume polyherbal drugs for a long period, that will at least prevent future complications. As a home remedy, you can use the following herbs:

1. Tinospora cordifolia.
  2. Centella asiatica.

Buy these two herbs. Take 5 gram of each (total 10 gram), mix with water, then heat it in mild flame. After 15 minutes, filter it and drink it. This needs to be consumed for three times in a day on empty stomach (before food). At least two time are must. If you want to prepare for two times together, take 10 gm each (total of 20 gm) and add four cups of water, heat mildly for 15 minutes. Then filter half of it to drink in morning before food. Evening, again apply heat for three minutes, then filter the remaining and drink.

| 

What is the chance of multiple sclerosis in pars planitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had burning sensations on my skin since 14 years. I am also very much sensitive to touch, which feels like my entire body is bruised all over. It is so hard to explain, but that is the best way I can put it into words. I feel inflamed all over at times. I had a brain MRI before ...  Read Full »

Kindly advise ayurveda treatment for uterine fibroid.

Query: Hi doctor,I have a fibroid of 9.6 × 6.9 cm. It is an intramural fibroid. I have heavy bleeding and back pain during my periods. I also have PCOS. I am taking Rasagandhi mezhugu. What medicine should I take along with Rasagandhi mezhugu for fibroid? Since the size of my fibroid is big, please give m...  Read Full »

Kitchari Mono Diet

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a white coating on my tongue. Also, since my childhood, I have had a problem with frequent urination. I have a slightly enlarged prostate of 21.9 whereas less than 20 is normal. My skin has always been very dry. For about 1 or 2 years, I am losing hair and suffering from dan...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now