Q. How can I find out whether I have hip imbalance?

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

I noticed the other day that when I stand straight against a wall, with my ankles, butt, shoulders and head touching the wall, I am unable to touch my left calf (and back of the knee) to the wall, whereas my right calf and back of the knee easily extend to the wall. Furthermore when I stretchy lower spine by twisting my upper body one way and lower body the other way, I feel tightness on the left leg. I am guessing I have some imbalances in my hips. Do advise please.

#

I have understood your concern about imbalance in muscles, as you have mentioned your age is 21 only, see at this problem happens indicates you are very sedentary person. You need to improve your lifestyle first. Second that your calf and hamstring muscles which are part of you back of leg and thigh region may have got adaptive shortening, as it increases beyond limit it affects range of movement so you feel restrictions in certain motion, right?

You must go for stretching exercises under Physiotherapist supervision then your problem will be resolved. Daily walking briskly twice, jogging running, swimming, and all exercises which make your muscles flexible. Do Yoga Pranayam and meditation daily. Learn powerful breathing technique Sudarshan Kriya.

| 

Please quote some benefits of doing regular yoga.

Query: Hello doctor, What are the benefits of doing regular yoga? Ideally would like the quotes to focus on mental health and physical health.  Read Full »

Is there a possibility to get a complete cure of sports injury?

Query: Hi doctor,Two years ago, I felt a pop while playing football. My physiotherapist said Ihave torn my cartilage and so, he advised me to take rest. It felt good. After 18 months, when I played football again for some half an hour, I felt the pain. So, I visited a different physiotherapist, and he advi...  Read Full »

Please suggest yoga asanas that would improve blood flow to testicles.

Query: Hi doctor, Please suggest me the yoga names to improve blood flow to the testicles. I have weak erections, watery semen, and loss of libido. I am taking Pantogem DSR for indigestion and Stalopam plus for stress. My local doctor prescribed these medicines.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Chiropractor Now