Q. I need to tighten up my body. Is whey protein or fiber powders advisable?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Published on Oct 28, 2019

I need to tighten up my body. Is it advisable to take Whey protein or fiber powders? If so, suggest a good brand. If not, help me with foods that tighten the lower abdomen.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

You can definitely get a more toned body. However, you need to work out four to five times a week, maybe around 40 minutes a day, and also give adequate rest to your muscles. Have high protein foods such as eggs (whites), chicken, turkey, etc.

For protein supplements, any supplement with pure whey isolate is preferable. Make sure you are adequately hydrated and follow the proper guidelines mentioned in the supplement box. Working out, along with a proper diet, should be able to give you a nice toned body in a couple of weeks. Please make sure you drink adequate water while using the supplement, otherwise it can cause renal stones in the future.

I feel pain in my left hip that travels down the leg and resembles piriformis syndrome. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am experiencing some pain in my left buttock that travels down my leg and cause a feeling of numbness and tingling in my left leg. I do not experience any pain in my lower back. It is only that after prolonged sitting, I start feeling pain in my left hip that travels down the left leg...  Read Full »

Please suggest a lactose-free diet for weight gain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old male, who is 5.9 feet tall and weighs 55 kg. I take vegetables, egg, fish but not meat. I am lactose intolerant for the past three years. If I take any milk products, it causes gastritis instantly, and I have to take an antacid. I cannot take whey protein because of thi...  Read Full »

After working out, is it safe to have protein shake?

Query: Hi doctor, I started gym a few days ago. Can I take protein shake (whey protein) after my workout? Is it safe? I do not have any known food allergies. I have attached my anthropometry chart with BMI. I heard that protein will make the person unhealthy after stopping it. Is it true? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Ask a Dietician Now