Muscle Weakness

Why am I having right-sided muscle weakness?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 22 years old. I had right-sided muscle weakness. It started with hands and feet pins and needles. Then neck tension and back tension. Had a brain MRI done. I have had a CT scan of brain two years ago which showed an osteoma in sinonasal which I think I can see on the MRI. Currently, I...  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI shows normal brain parenchyma (attachment remove to protect patient identity). No ischemic areas or focal lesions are seen. The MRI angiogram shows normal vascular anatomy. No focal narrowing or stenosis is seen. However, mild mucosal thickening is seen in bila...  Read Full »

I have prolonged backache, especially after driving. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having prolonged backache, especially after driving. I face pain when I stretch and I get a relief when I do it. And when I push my hands on the back towards the front I can hear bone cracking, like when we stretch.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In my opinion, with the limited narration that you have provided to me in your query, I feel you have less stability in your core muscles. You should maintain posture while driving which can be achieved by placing a pillow behind your low back (in case you drive the...  Read Full »

What is the ideal testosterone level in men?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 30 year old male. My height is 5'7" and weight is 79 kg. I recently did some tests and the findings are as follows. Testosterone 239 ng/dL, HDL 24 mg/dL, VLDL 60 mg/dL, triglycerides 302 mg/dL, Vitamin D 29 ng/dL, Vitamin B12 164 pg/mL and HbA1c 5.2%. My BP is under control. I also ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your age, the Normal Testosterone Levels should be around 270-1000 ng/dL. The report of yours shows lower levels. Obesity or overweight is one of the important reasons for low laboratory levels of testosterone. Semen analysis can tell if you can have a ...  Read Full »

Why do I have period-like bleeding and leg pain seven days after I-pill?

Query: Hello doctor, The next day of my period, I had unprotected sex. On the 25th hour, I took I-pill. On the seventh day, I again having my period. And now my legs are tired. I do not know why is this. The doctor please help me. Will I become pregnant?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Emergency contraceptive pills are hormones and have their side effects as well. One of most common is irregular bleeding. Everyone's body responds differently to hormones, but major effects are the same. Have you any bleeding disorder? Have you been treated for any ...  Read Full »

Please explain the reason for my stiff neck from the MRI.

Query: Hello doctor,I woke up two months ago with a very stiff neck that has not fully gone back to normal. Now, I have a weak right arm, shoulder-neck pain, headache, and cracking neck. MRI of the cervical spine has been done.  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have disc bulges at C5 to C6 and C6 to C7 which are paracentral, not much nerve compression is going to be there. So, the pain you are referring to can be due to muscle spasm, or it can be du...  Read Full »

What do my CT reports imply in the short and long term?

Query: Hello doctor, My CT scan report says 'serial axial CT scan image of the brain shows normal CSF space, the lateral verticles are symmetrical. There is no midline shift or bleed images. However, it shows a faint area of lacunar infraction along the pons.' What does this imply, short to long term as I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It just says that there is a small area in the lower part of your brain which is not getting enough blood supply. However, I need little more details regarding your arm weakness whether it was of acute onset, which parts are weak, any tingling sensations in the arm, ...  Read Full »

I have weakness and pain in the arm. Should I anticipate surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I recently had an MRI on my neck. I have a 75 % weakness and pain on the left arm (tricep). Should I anticipate surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. Chandan Mohanty

Neurologist, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear this. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI report shows a pressure on the nerves in the cervical spine (neck). These nerves eventually go to your upper limbs. Hence the pain and weakness in your a...  Read Full »

I have muscle weakness and mild pain on the forearm and hip. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41 year old male. My creatine phosphokinase is mildly elevated. The reports came as 220 twice and as normal thrice. And, there was hemoglobin in my urine test. I constantly have muscle weakness and mild pain on my left side, at the forearm and hip. The weakness started suddenly...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, I read your query and understand your concerns about muscle weakness and raised muscle enzymes. The probable diagnosis is polymyositis. People with polymyositis have: A weakness of muscles of the thigh, gluteal muscles, and shoulder girdle. Raised CPK (creatine phosphokinase) and LDH (lactate...  Read Full »

I am suffering from extreme muscle weakness.What may be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 25 years. My height is 5'10" and I weight 78 kg. I am suffering from muscle twitches and extreme muscle weakness and muscle pain from last one month. I went to a neurologist and he says reflexes are normal and asked me not to worry and he put me on tablet Remylin-D. I am curr...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:Muscle twitches, muscle weakness and muscle pain since one month could be due to calcium deficiency. Has serum calcium level been evaluated? Associated dehydration along with anemia requires evaluation. At least 6-8 liters of ...  Read Full »

What is the cause and treatment of muscular dystrophy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with muscular dystrophy, and it said I show early features of this muscle disease. But my CPK-MB, ECG, echocardiogram, and chest x-ray all came back normal. I have been down with this serious weakness since I was five years old, but I was diagnosed this year. I us...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Muscle dystrophy is a genetic disease affecting muscles and sometimes other organs of the body, it progresses gradually. There are many types of muscle dystrophies. CPK value is usually high in such cases, but in late stages. If muscle mass is severely atrophied, then...  Read Full »