Q. Will a 2 year old baby with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy walk?

Answered by Dr. Alka and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Muscular Dystrophy or Panchakarma? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My youngest son is 2 and a half years old. Currently, he is crawling, and he is a delay in walking. I bought him for the child development clinic at the hospital. They have sent his blood sample to another country, and the result says that he has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Kindly advise what should I do. My son can stand at the sofa, but he refrains from standing at the floor. He can lift his body. Is he able to walk?