Q. Will a 2 year old baby with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy walk?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 21, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2019

My youngest son is 2 and a half years old. Currently, he is crawling, and he is a delay in walking. I bought him for the child development clinic at the hospital. They have sent his blood sample to another country, and the result says that he has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Kindly advise what should I do. My son can stand at the sofa, but he refrains from standing at the floor. He can lift his body. Is he able to walk?

Dr. Alka

#

It is a genetic disorder. I am sorry to say this, as this disease has a poor prognosis. You need to visit a medical genetic specialist. Physical therapy, braces, etc. are common management. Along with that if you want to go for alternative treatment, then try Ayurvedic panchkarma therapy where Ayurvedic massage can be given to your son. It had good results in muscular dystrophy disorders. You need to visit a nearby Ayurveda physician or a panchkarma center. It can help you up to some extent. I hope you understand my point. For more queries, you can consult me.

| 

Why is there low creatinine levels for the past four months?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had very low creatinine levels for more than four months (low 11 highest 68) normal is 110 to 135. Do you think there is an issue?  Read Full »

CK and ALP test results are attached. What is the name of this disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My 8-year-old nephew is suffering from an unknown disease. We did two tests as suggested by the doctors. The names of the tests are CK and ALP. I am attaching the reports herewith. The doctors suggest that there is no treatment for these diseases. He walks with the help of his toes by...  Read Full »

What ayurvedic medicines can be taken to reduce fibroid?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 27 years old. I am unmarried. Three years ago, I have undergone a myomectomy and a large fibroid was removed. Since then, I am fine. For the past one month, I am bleeding again with pain. Now, the scan showed more than three intramural fibroids. One largest fibroid measuring...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now