Muscular Pain

I have muscle pain near the chest inspite of having medications. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have muscle pain near the chest. I am having muscle pain near the chest from the last two to three months. I have done all the cardiac tests, and it is fine, then I consulted a rheumatologist, and she suggested some tests and medicine. It has been a month, and I am still having some p...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right, and you have peripheral arthritis due to HLA-B27 positive. Your chest pain is due to enthesitis, and please feel free to query me in this regard. If your HLA-B27 positive by PCR (polymerization chain reaction), because that is a condition which can gi...  Read Full »

Is there any belt that can help lumbago?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 25 years old and working in the army. I have acute lumbago. The day before yesterday, I had a sudden jerk while playing and continued getting extremely painful spasms that night. I was given covering injections, and the spasms subsided. The pain is still there, and I want to get rid o...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is usually no belt that will help for lumbago (low back pain) unless you are having painful spasms as that will limit movements. So, if your spasms have stopped, then no need for a belt. I suggest you take regular NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory d...  Read Full »

I am getting shooting chest pain while exerting myself physically. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have always had chest pains and pains specifically in my left arm or chest, but right now, I feel like it is difficult to breathe and I have upper left arm pain to my left breast. It is mainly a pressure a dull ache, but now it is shooting. It is more difficult to breath when I lay do...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your chest pains seem to be muscular. Another possibility is of acid reflux that can also cause such kind of illnesses. We should also rule out any cardiac issues in case of chest pains. So, you should get a chest X-ray and ECG done. If the ECG and chest X-ray are norm...  Read Full »

Why do I have testicular pain after lifting a heavy object?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28 year old male. I have a dull pain in my right testicle leading to my abdomen. I believe it started when I lifted something heavy. At the moment, it is a dull pain but, if I feel it, then it is worse. I am currently out of my home country on work and do not want to go to a loc...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratyush Kumar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding a pain in the right testicle after lifting a heavy object. It would be helpful to know some more details. Does lifting the scrotum relieve you of the pain? Is there a history of fever? In the case of an acute onset pain, it is advis...  Read Full »

I am getting some pulling pain under my ribs and back. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,For the past two days, I am getting the pain under my right rib cage slightly under the chest and even back under the shoulder. It does not pain usually, but the pain remains there. But when I am laughing, it hurts like something is pulling, and the pain increases. What could it be and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history is suggestive of muscular pain. But it should also to rule out any cardiac cause. I will give you some medication, if you did not find any improvement, you consult a cardiologist for a complete cardiac profile, or I will provide you with some tests that ...  Read Full »

Why do I have tender muscles all over the body?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41-year-old male. My blood and urine tests are normal. I am experiencing tender muscles all over the body. I have pain in legs and arms, and I have tried various treatments to treat them. I have done physical therapy, chiropractic, and massage. I am concerned that it can be an ove...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your test results are normal. The pain experienced all over the body looks like a different condition known as fibromyalgia. I want to ask you some questions to confirm ...  Read Full »

I am feeling muscle and joint pain after playing rugby. Is this normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old female. I was playing touch rugby two days ago. It just so happens, and I have not exercised in a while now. I am having severe lower back pain, muscular and  joint pains around my thighs. Today is the second day, and I am still feeling the pain. Is this normal? Do I ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is probably a muscle soreness due to sudden activities following prolonged inactivity. It usually takes a week to resolve without medicine. However, I suggest you tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg or Diclofenac 50 mg whenever needed up to two times a day along with s...  Read Full »

How can muscle pain be cured through Ayurveda?

Query: Hi doctor, Can Balaguluchyadi thailam be used for muscle knots or pain in the forearm?  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Majority of thailam will relieve pain. But we should find out the reason for the pain. If it is because of gout, definitely your pain will be cured with this oil. It would be better if you explain your problem in detail with reports if you have any.  Read Full »

Which tablet can be used to cure pinched nerve in the neck that is causing pain?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a pinched nerve in the neck. The neck spasm and pain. I have two sides cervical ribs taking ultrasound therapy and IFT for neck and cervical ribs but not of much help. Tell best drugs to release a pinched nerve in the neck. One salon guy twisted my neck in childhood and in a bus,...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having an acute muscular spasm. So to reduce pain and inflammation, I would recommend tablet Flexura D twice daily for five days. Another drug helps a lot in cases of pinched nerves is a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine (tablet Mahagaba M OD) ...  Read Full »

I have life-sided chest pain. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male having a normal health condition. My height is 5 feet 6 inches, and weight is 58 Kg. Recently (yesterday), I noticed chest pain in the left side which feels like pinpointed pain (electric shock kind) and lasted for a few seconds. Please let me know what I need ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »