Muscular Pain

What causes non-radiating chest pain?

Query: Hi doctor, Since five days, I am having non-radiating chest pain after having a cup of coffee. There is no palpitations, sweating or other symptoms. My BP is right now 100/76 mmHg. The pain is tolerable, but occurring on certain movements and also when lying down it occurs. There is no past history ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your chest pain seems to be muscular in nature. Another possibility is of acid reflux that can also cause such kind of pain. We should also rule out any cardiac issue in case of chest pain. So, you should get a chest x-ray and ECG (electrocard...  Read Full »

Can a chiropractor help with muscle pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I met with a car accident three weeks ago. I was injured and had trauma to the chest wall muscles. My chest muscles went into spasm periodically, but has subsided somewhat. My right side lower chest is the only area still hurting. After rest for a long period or sleep, when I activate th...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, chiropractic service will be helpful. Please make sure that there is no fracture in the spine. I assume that it is negative on the CT of the spine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Muscle spasm that you are complaining of is protective, but at the ...  Read Full »

I experience excess sweating with muscle and bone pain after stopping thyroid tablets. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old. I am a hypothyroid patient from my 5 years. I was taking medication till I was 17 years old. Then I could not continue with my medications and I stopped it for 5 years. One day suddenly I began to feel faint always. Even, while I was sleeping sometimes I would feel ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. If you have a history of hypothyroidism and have not taken medicine for five years, then it is important to review your thyroid function tests again. It is possible that you have again become ...  Read Full »

There is pain and swelling under ribs with constipation. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, About 8 months ago, I had kidney stones with pain under my rib cage and swelling. The kidney stones are gone but the pain and swelling under my ribs came back one month ago with constipation. I did a CT scan without IVCM, everything is normal except a mild left basal pleural thickening n...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. It seems you are suffering from muscular pain. The muscular chest pain aggravates with movement. It is dull, diffuse and continuous in nature. This can result from incorrect posture during the night while you were sleeping. However, in case ...  Read Full »

What is the cause for worsening muscle and joint pain for a longer period?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing muscle pain and joint pain for ten years which consistently got worse. The recent diagnosis shows leukocytosis. My WBC is consistently high at around 13000 - 15000. I also suffer fibromyalgia, migraines, TIA, unknown source of seizures, peripheral neuropathy, left h...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your main presentation is chronic muscle pain and joint pain. For that specific cause rule out first like connective tissue disorder, muscle dystrophy, neuropathic pain, spinal problem, HIV, thyroid issue, etc. For connective tissue panel testing, CT scan, s...  Read Full »

I have muscle pain near the chest inspite of having medications. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have muscle pain near the chest. I am having muscle pain near the chest from the last two to three months. I have done all the cardiac tests, and it is fine, then I consulted a rheumatologist, and she suggested some tests and medicine. It has been a month, and I am still having some p...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right, and you have peripheral arthritis due to HLA-B27 positive. Your chest pain is due to enthesitis, and please feel free to query me in this regard. If your HLA-B27 positive by PCR (polymerization chain reaction), because that is a condition which can gi...  Read Full »

Is there any belt that can help lumbago?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 25 years old and working in the army. I have acute lumbago. The day before yesterday, I had a sudden jerk while playing and continued getting extremely painful spasms that night. I was given covering injections, and the spasms subsided. The pain is still there, and I want to get rid o...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is usually no belt that will help for lumbago (low back pain) unless you are having painful spasms as that will limit movements. So, if your spasms have stopped, then no need for a belt. I suggest you take regular NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory d...  Read Full »

I am getting shooting chest pain while exerting myself physically. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have always had chest pains and pains specifically in my left arm or chest, but right now, I feel like it is difficult to breathe and I have upper left arm pain to my left breast. It is mainly a pressure a dull ache, but now it is shooting. It is more difficult to breath when I lay do...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your chest pains seem to be muscular. Another possibility is of acid reflux that can also cause such kind of illnesses. We should also rule out any cardiac issues in case of chest pains. So, you should get a chest X-ray and ECG done. If the ECG and chest X-ray are norm...  Read Full »

Why do I have testicular pain after lifting a heavy object?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 28 year old male. I have a dull pain in my right testicle leading to my abdomen. I believe it started when I lifted something heavy. At the moment, it is a dull pain but, if I feel it, then it is worse. I am currently out of my home country on work and do not want to go to a loc...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratyush Kumar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding a pain in the right testicle after lifting a heavy object. It would be helpful to know some more details. Does lifting the scrotum relieve you of the pain? Is there a history of fever? In the case of an acute onset pain, it is advis...  Read Full »

I am getting some pulling pain under my ribs and back. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,For the past two days, I am getting the pain under my right rib cage slightly under the chest and even back under the shoulder. It does not pain usually, but the pain remains there. But when I am laughing, it hurts like something is pulling, and the pain increases. What could it be and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history is suggestive of muscular pain. But it should also to rule out any cardiac cause. I will give you some medication, if you did not find any improvement, you consult a cardiologist for a complete cardiac profile, or I will provide you with some tests that ...  Read Full »