Q. I am experiencing tender muscles all over the body. Why?

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

I am a 41-year-old male. My blood and urine tests are normal. I am experiencing tender muscles all over the body. I have pain in legs and arms, and I have tried various treatments to treat them. I have done physical therapy, chiropractic, and massage. I am concerned that it can be an overall systemic issue. I am having this problem for about ten years. I have sensitive spots all over the arms and legs. More recently, I had joint pain. I have moderate anxiety (OCD) and mild sadness or depression. I also have dust allergies. Please help me.

Do you have a question on Muscular Pain or Fibromyalgia?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

MBBS., MD MEDICINE., FELLOWSHIP IN RHEUMATOLOGY
Rheumatology

I have gone through your history and blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your test results are normal. The pain experienced all over the body looks like a different condition known as fibromyalgia. I want to ask you some questions to confirm it. Please say whether you had any history of mouth ulcer or excessive hair fall, history of difficulty in combing hair or had a problem in getting up from a toilet seat or had any mood changes when you got angry, any recent history of forgetfulness, any history of frequent headaches or bowel upset. Please explain your condition in detail.

I had a minor hair fall. I did not have difficulty in combing hair or getting up from a toilet seat. I did not have any mood changes when I got angry. I did not have a history of forgetfulness. I had minor bowel upset.

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatology

Your history, laboratory reports, and symptoms match the diagnosis of fibromyalgia. It is a condition of pain fatigue. You need to start taking medicines for it. Along with it, meditation and a little break in the routine work can help you.

Also Read Answers From: Muscular Pain Fibromyalgia

I have pain in ribs and breathing problems. Is it a sign of lung cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, For past four weeks, I have pain in my ribs. Also, I am experiencing breathing problems. It feels like something has stuck in the heart. For, a few days pain has been decreased. But breathing problem persists. I am also experiencing pain in my lower back. The pain is massive at night tim...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such symptoms are seen in the following conditions: 1. Heart diseases. 2. Pneumonia or Pleural Effusion. 3. Acidity or muscular pain. Now to be on the safer side, I would recommend you to get a Chest x-ray and ECG done. Based on the reports, we would discuss the tre...  Read Full »

Could RLQ pain be chronic appendicitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 15 year old female and have been having RLQ pain for nearly five months. I am physically fit. I do exercise at least six days a week and eat quite healthy. I have a sharp stabbing pain at McBurney's point. I also feel immense pressure at my RLQ like someone is sitting on my stomach...  Read Full »
Dr. Nageswara Rao
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reading your well presented history, I think the following are the possibilities. Chronic appendicitis. There may be high possibility of RLQ muscular pain (right lower quadrant) - as you do regular workouts. Acid peptic disease.  Read Full »

I am not clear with the diagnosis of my mother's condition. Please clarify.
Query: Hi doctor, Five years ago my mother was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I think she also has rheumatoid arthritis. For the past five years, she was managing the pain with anti-inflammatory medicine, Lyrica, Mythycobal, Voltaren injections, herbal creams, etc. You can see the veins in her hands popping...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all your mother does not have rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia. From her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I found that she has connective tissue disorder and the most possible diagnosis would be systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). The ...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now