Q. I am experiencing tender muscles all over the body. Why?

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

I am a 41-year-old male. My blood and urine tests are normal. I am experiencing tender muscles all over the body. I have pain in legs and arms, and I have tried various treatments to treat them. I have done physical therapy, chiropractic, and massage. I am concerned that it can be an overall systemic issue. I am having this problem for about ten years. I have sensitive spots all over the arms and legs. More recently, I had joint pain. I have moderate anxiety (OCD) and mild sadness or depression. I also have dust allergies. Please help me.

#

I have gone through your history and blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your test results are normal. The pain experienced all over the body looks like a different condition known as fibromyalgia. I want to ask you some questions to confirm it. Please say whether you had any history of mouth ulcer or excessive hair fall, history of difficulty in combing hair or had a problem in getting up from a toilet seat or had any mood changes when you got angry, any recent history of forgetfulness, any history of frequent headaches or bowel upset. Please explain your condition in detail.

I had a minor hair fall. I did not have difficulty in combing hair or getting up from a toilet seat. I did not have any mood changes when I got angry. I did not have a history of forgetfulness. I had minor bowel upset.

#

Your history, laboratory reports, and symptoms match the diagnosis of fibromyalgia. It is a condition of pain fatigue. You need to start taking medicines for it. Along with it, meditation and a little break in the routine work can help you.

|