Myopia

What are the chances of child having myopia if one parent has the same?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye power of -4 in both the eyes since school days. We are expecting our first child. Are there chances of similar eye problem in our child?  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having myopia of -4 dioptres in both the eyes since school days. The treatment for this condition includes: Use of spectacles. Use of contact lenses Laser refractive surgeries like LASIK. Refractive errors of more than -6 dioptres is called patholog...  Read Full »

What is the possibility of NAION in an elderly person?

Query: Hello doctor, The question I have is concerning the retina photographs that I have attached to this question. From those can you tell if I suffer from a condition known as "disc at risk" or "crowded optical disc"? I understand that it is possible for people with this condition to suffer from non-a...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history and the photos of the retina attached to the question. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The fundus picture does not appear like disc at risk and hence no need to worry about it. In the fundus photo, the disc is showing is pe...  Read Full »

Can adult stem cells improve high myopia?

Query: Hello doctor, Since my childhood I was complaining short sightedness that the doctors call high myopia. 19 years back, I was having lasik operation for both eyes then my vision improved, 6 years later, eyes vision begun decreasing. After that I was having light sensitivity. I am feeling headache ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from the history that you have undergone LASIK surgery for correction of myopia. The symptoms of light sensitivity, headache on watching computer or TV indicate dry eyes which is common following LASIK surgery. No need to worry the treatment is also simple ...  Read Full »

What is the solution for short sight other than wearing glasses?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I have short sight and cannot see long-distance, letters, or things. My eyesight power is -2 and -1.75. I am wearing eye glass from 3 years of age but there is no improvement in my eye problem, that is why I am not interested to wear glass. I am a computer wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. You are having myopia of -2 and -1.75 refractive power. This requires correction by the use of spectacles. The use of spectacles will not lead to the improvement of eyesight and reduction of refractive power, but it prevents further increase ...  Read Full »

My kid's eyeball size is quite big.What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday we had a consultation with an eye doctor for my kid. After diagnosis the doctor said "kid's eyeball size is quite big". He also said left and right eye have  "-4" power (not cylindrical) and retina is good. He also added that, at this stage we cannot do any thing and asked ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that your kid is having myopia (short sight). In myopia the eyeball size will be larger and no need to be worried about it. Since his retina is good he will do well. This is a commonly seen problem in children. This re...  Read Full »

How to choose contact lenses for my power?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to buy contact lenses. I have a spectacle power on both my eyes. The power in my right eye is -2.75, cylinder - 0.50, and axis 20. In the left eye - 2.75, cylinder - 0.75, and axis 20. Please recommend what lens I should opt for. I need a recommendation for both regular wear a...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from your history that you are having a refractive error in the form of myopia and astigmatism. This requires a correction by concave lenses and cylindrical lenses. You can go for the prescribed glasses or contact lenses. Coming to the choice of type of lense...  Read Full »