Nada-anusandhana

Is Pranayama advisable for a 90-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 90 years old. He has congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. He is generally in good spirits and is well taken care of. He uses oxygen and his doctors have told him that when his oxygen count goes down, to breathe in and exhale through mouth. Sinc...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinod Kumar

Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posing this question. Please find my suggestions below. At age 90, it becomes very important to keep the things simple for the patient. Your effort to teach pranayama is appreciable. I would advise you not to go for any difficult pranayama which is tedious ...  Read Full »