Q. Please suggest a treatment for my cracked toenails.

Dr. Shekhawat Rajveer Singh

I have a major problem in my toenails. Kindly look at the picture and suggest a treatment.

#

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• You are suffering from tinea unguium, which is a fungal disease of the nails.
  • You have to keep your nails hygienic. Keep away from chemical irritants especially, soap and detergents as well as dish washing bar.
  • I suggest the following:
  1. Ointment Terbinafine for local application twice daily.
  2. Tablet Fluconazole once a week for three months.
  3. Tablet Neurobion Forte (multivitamin combination) twice daily.
  • Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines. Follow up after 30 days.

Revert after a month to a family physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|