Nasal Bone Fracture

On bumping, my 4-year-old son got nose bleeding. How to treat it?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4 year old son bumped his nose on his cousin, while in a swimming pool. It bled a lot, but I pinched his nose for a couple of minutes while he was sitting on my lap. The bleeding stopped immediately. Now, he is calm and watching television. Should I take him to a doctor immediately?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mechanical compression is the treatment of epistaxis, most of the bleeding stop by this method. If the bleeding does not stop, then we do a nasal packing. But in this case, as the bleeding stopped, there is no need of further treatment if there is no recurrence of bleedi...  Read Full »

Is nasal bone or septal fracture without any pain of serious concern?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister-in-law fell from the bike and got injured. After consulting a small clinic, they asked us to take a CT scan, and it is mentioned as nasal bone fracture and nasal septal fracture in the CT scan report. Can you please advise if medical attention is required or cure itself as ther...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I want to ask few questions to get more details of your query. Is there is any obvious external nasal deformity post-trauma? If the answer is yes, and if there is a gross nasal deformity, it will require proper surgical correction only for cosmeti...  Read Full »

How is a nose fracture diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor, While playing volleyball game today, I think my nose hit my teammate's leg when we were going after the ball. Now, my nose hurts. When I try to move it, I hear a cracking noise. Also, I think it is swollen. Would my nose be broken? Should I meet my athletic trainer?  Read Full »

Dr. Srinidhi Ravi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A cracking noise and a swollen nose are suggestive of a broken nose. It means there could be a fracture in the nasal bones. Another symptom would be bleeding from the nose at the time of injury. In case of a nasal fracture there will be a lot of swelling over the nose...  Read Full »

I have facial asymmetry after nose fracture. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I broke my nose in kindergarten, I am 26 right now and just now realized how my facial features are not symmetrical, how much does a broken nose affect that, as you can tell my right side of my face is more laid back and natural looking even my mustache above my lip, and my left side ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Definitely there is a whole lot of asymmetry as you suggested, because of the old broken nose. I can also see that the base of the nose is a bit too broad and gives a feeling of oddly joined fractured segments. This can be confirmed by few X-rays. Further correction if ...  Read Full »

Can a nasal bone fracture be fixed in an ENT office?

Query: Hello doctor, My nose got hit about a week ago and I got a bloody nose. Usually, when I get bloody noses I just leave it and it heals by itself but this time was diffrent. The next couple of days I could not breathe right through my left nostril, my nose kept dripping clear fluid and for some reaso...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having a septal or nasal bone fracture. These fractures are visible in an x-ray. We usually correct the features within a day of it occurring. After that time fibrosis sets in and we do not attempt to correct until three months when healing tissue has ...  Read Full »

I noticed slight nose bleed a day after fall. Should I get it checked?

Query: Hi doctor,Yesterday I was walking and tripped, resulting in a facial injury from concrete. The point of impact was my nose, and aside from several cuts, I am unsure if it is broken. It is not crooked at all and did not even bleed when the incident occurred. But it is quite swollen and hurts to touch...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have sustained some bruise and possibly internal injury over the bony dorsum of the nose. This is the area of nasal bones, their suturing with each other and their junction with the frontal bone (forehead bone). If you were to come to me, I would check for crep...  Read Full »