Q. I have chronic nasal congestion. Kindly suggest some natural remedy.

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Jan 19, 2019

I have a runny nose, chronic nasal congestion, chills when cold, sneezing triggered by scents, cat, stress, cold, cigarette smoke and cleaning products. An occasional sore throat, warm body temperature, and clear nasal drip. This has been going on for over six months. Prescribed antibiotics Amoxicillin. Tried eucalyptus and wild oregano oil. Considering echinacea and goldenseal. Would like to know what else may help to move this stubborn nasal condition?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

For your issue, take turmeric tablets two in the morning and two at night or turmeric powder (2 gm) morning and 2 gm evening after food. Take long pepper powder 1 gm. Mix this with cow milk and boil, then drink it. Daily two times this has to be done or one gram of long pepper powder can be mixed with honey and be consumed. Twice daily.

Anu thailam is the ayurvedic nasal drop for this issue. If you could get it, apply two drops in each nostril, morning, evening and night before going to bed. This will solve your issues. Eucalyptus oil few drops (or the capsule) can be added in boiling water, and the steam should be inhaled (exposed on your face). This also relieves nasal congestion. Regular pranayama (naadi suddhi pranayama) will be helpful for you. Simply antibiotics alone cannot work here. Antihistamines and mast cell stabilizers should be used in western medicine, that also cannot afford the complete cure. Follow naturopathy (my suggestions above) and get permanent relief.

How does yoga help senior citizens?

Query: Hi doctor, What are the health benefits and trends for yoga for senior citizens? Are there studios that have classes or professionals that cater to this demographic? Why choose yoga over other forms of fitness and stretching?  Read Full »

Please suggest yoga asanas that would improve blood flow to testicles.

Query: Hi doctor, Please suggest me the yoga names to improve blood flow to the testicles. I have weak erections, watery semen, and loss of libido. I am taking Pantogem DSR for indigestion and Stalopam plus for stress. My local doctor prescribed these medicines.  Read Full »

Why does running nose, sneezing and blocked nose happen?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bad running nose, sneezing and blocked nose in the morning for the last ten days. I have taken Augmentin 375 for five days. It improved a bit but again relapsed today. Please help.  Read Full »

Ask a Naturopathy Specialist Now