Nasonex

How to cure my father's severe cold and cough?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 66 years old. He is having severe cough and cold for more than a month. He took Clavam 625 mg for five days. Along with that, he also took Foracort 200 mcg inhaler twice a day and Nasonex inhaler twice a day, but there was no relief. Then, our chest specialist suggested Neb...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father is suffering from bronchial asthma. The current medications Foracort 200 mcg inhaler (Budesonide and Formoterol) and Nasonex (Mometasone) nasal spray were given for asthma. As there is no relief even after taking tablet Clavam (Amoxicillin and Clavulanate)...  Read Full »

Can a sinus infection cause swollen salivary glands?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the ER for a painful gland. It turned out that I have a blocked salivary gland. When the CT scan was taken, there were notes in the report about silent sinus syndrome and other things that were never even brought up to me. I have uploaded the report. Is there anything in t...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a calcification in the left submandibular gland, which needs to be removed, as it is troubling you. Silent sinus syndrome is due to maxillary sinusitis, which involves the orb...  Read Full »

Can Nasonex and Zyrtec be used for sinus block?

Query: Hi doctor, I found that my nose was blocked. The doctor diagnosed it as sinus block. I first took Otrivin drops and Moxiflox (antibiotic). As there is no improvement, I am taking Nasonex and Zyrtec. Please give your opinion.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your treatment is correct. The Nasonex (Mometasone furoate) spray removes the inflammation, and Zyrtec (Cetirizine) will eliminate the allergic component. Continue the medicines as advised. If the problem is getting repeated and present for more than three months...  Read Full »

I have fluid in my middle ear. Is there any way to clear it?

Query: Hello doctor, My GP says I have fluid in my middle ear especially in my right ear. I have tried antibiotics and using a nasal spray for two weeks. This has been going on for six weeks. Is there any way to clear it or like my GP says will it just take time? Can this also make you feel slightly off ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fluid in the middle ear is called serous otitis media (glue ear or otitis media with effusion). What we do in such patients is give medical management (antibiotics, decongestants, mucolytics, nasal sprays) and if it fails we go for myringotomy and grommet insertion. ...  Read Full »

How to prevent sinus infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing this on behalf of my wife. She is 26 years old. The problem is that she is prone to sinusitis. She gets infected with sinusitis at least once in two months. When she gets infected, it takes one to two weeks to recover. Her nasal passages gets blocked and she finds it dif...  Read Full »

Dr. Dev Roy

ENT Otolaryngologist, Plastic Surgeon, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. She may have an allergy and a superadded bacterial infection. If she is getting recurrent infection, then get a skin prick allergy test and CT scan of the sinuses. The CT scan may show either mucosal thickening or polyp or a deviated septum, which may block the draina...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe headache while bending down?

Query: Hi doctor, Since, ten days, I have been suffering with flu and headache. I took tablet Zifi 200 mg and tablet Sinarest. But, nothing seems to be working. After taking the pills, the flu and headache disappeared temporarily for just one day and got back immediately. My wife too is having the same pro...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the details you have given. You seem to have a sinusitis infection. Well, for me to be sure, if you are having sinusitis, I would like to have some more information. You are complaining of headache. Is it like a facial pain? Or like a brow ache? Is th...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for red sputum?

Query: Hi doctor, Initially, I had cold and cough, which now turned into sinus. I had Almox 500 mg for five days. For sinus I normally used to take Novamox 500. Sinus got cured but still I have some cold and cough. It has been 10 days. Since yesterday there are times when I blow my nose or spit, the sputu...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acute sinusitis should be treated with 10 days of Amoxicillin and what you are having is acute on chronic sinusitis. I would suggest completing the course for next five days. Continue the steaming and use saline nasal spray. Do not blow your nose so hard. If the anti...  Read Full »