Q. Can I take Madhulai manapagu as I plan to conceive?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am newly married. Can I take madhulai manapagu if I am trying to convince? Regarding supplements, what can be taken?

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query.

• The tonic Madhulai manapagu is a siddha medicine and is usually used in anemia (low hemoglobin level) and for the general well-being of uterus and ovaries. If you are not anemic and taking it on your own without any physician's advice, then I do not think you need to take this.
  • If you and your husband are healthy without any medical problem, your weight is in a normal limit, and menstrual cycle is normal, then start trying naturally first.
  • You and your husband should take healthy and home made food. Add fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Avoid excessive tea, coffee, junk foods, alcohol, and smoking if any of you do.
  • Start going for a walk as this will promote pelvic blood flow, which will be good for both of you. Sleep adequately at least for 6 to 8 hours a day. Do not take stress as it affects the egg quality.
  • The most important thing is to try during the ovulation period. Ovulation time is when the egg is released. Try mainly between 11th to 15th day of the cycle.
  • The first day of the period is counted as day 1 of the cycle. So, day 11 after the period is considered as 11th day. After periods, do intercourse on every alternate day as it will help to release old sperms.
  • Try regularly on day 11. In the ovulatory period after doing intercourse do not get up immediately from bed. Lie down for some time and also keep a pillow below your feet for 10 minutes.
  • In case you have any problem or nutritional deficiency, then do take medicine or supplement accordingly. Otherwise, try naturally to conceive for three to six months.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|