Q. What causes nausea and vomiting without any underlying condition?

Answered by Dr. Jagdish Singh and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Nausea & Vomiting or Cholecystitis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My wife has nausea, vomting episodes that are not related to conditions, for example she can eat and feel nauseated or vomit after an hour or two or not feel anything. Then a few days later it can happen again. It comes and goes and is not stable, or triggered by certain conditions. It is totally random mostly. She gave birth to twins with a CS and was on Prontogest supplement for 7.5 months.