Q. I have acute pain and inflammation behind the neck and shoulder. Please help.

Dr. Vikram S Bharadwaj

I have acute pain and inflammation behind the neck and shoulder. Tingling pain in the left-hand finger and pain in the middle back and sometimes lower back. I am male, 27 years old.

Dr. Vikram S Bharadwaj

Occupational Therapy Physiotherapy
#

I think you must be suffering from cervical spondylitis with radiculopathy. This must have arose due to long time sitting posture or carrying a backpack. I suggest hot fomentation by hot water bag for 10 minutes with three sessions per day. Then, apply some local pain relief gel mildly. Approach a physiotherapist if the pain does not subside under three days. No exercises or driving to be undertaken.

If needed, MRI.

|