Q. I have acute pain and inflammation behind the neck and shoulder. Please help.

Dr. Vikram S Bharadwaj
Published on Oct 25, 2018

I have acute pain and inflammation behind the neck and shoulder. Tingling pain in the left-hand finger and pain in the middle back and sometimes lower back. I am male, 27 years old.

Dr. Vikram S Bharadwaj

Occupational Therapy Physiotherapy
#

I think you must be suffering from cervical spondylitis with radiculopathy. This must have arose due to long time sitting posture or carrying a backpack. I suggest hot fomentation by hot water bag for 10 minutes with three sessions per day. Then, apply some local pain relief gel mildly. Approach a physiotherapist if the pain does not subside under three days. No exercises or driving to be undertaken.

If needed, MRI.

What is the reason for shoulder and arm pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 28 years old. She is suffering from shoulder and arm pain. She has more pain during night-time and not able to get good sleep. First we consulted a doctor; he gave some multivitamin and Calcium tablets. Also advised her to do some exercise, but there is no effect. Then we consu...  Read Full »

I have neck and shoulder pain that go away when I lie down. Any suggestions?

Query: Hello doctor,I complained of neck and shoulder pain. It was diagnosed to be muscle spasm by a doctor. X-ray has been taken. I was given cream and Muscadol tablets. I used ice and some exercise. It worked over 90 % but the problem is I feel pain after sitting on a chair for 10 minutes continually. It...  Read Full »

What is the solution for shoulder pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing pain on my right shoulder for a couple of weeks. I have the pain only when I move. When I raise my hands up and throwing anything overhead, I have the pain. The pain is at the front of my shoulder, and I can put the finger on the spot that is sore. I am taking Paracetam...  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now