Q. I have neck pain radiating to left arm and not helped by physiotherapy. Why?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I am 38 years old. I am having pain in the neck and it has gone to my left arms and there is stretching like pain. I have consulted an ortho doctor who asked to do MRI as initially post taking x-ray and doing physiotherapy for a week did not give relief. I took MRI and now due to Covid-19 OPD doctors not available. He asked to check with spine specialist what needs to be done. The pain is severe in the upper arms and it is from the last one week. I would like to share the MRI report for reference. Please suggest some medicines. I am diabetic too from the last three years.

#

I have seen your MRI reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but as no films were included I will go by your description and MRI report. You have a C5, C6 level issue with indentation of the exiting nerve root on the left side which matches weakly with your symptoms.

At present, there is no need to panic. Take a course is antiinflammatory tablets like Voveran 75 mg twice daily after meals and antacids before meals.Secondly, take Pregabalin tablets 75 mg twice a day for three to four weeks this may make you feel a bit sleepy but it will go away.

Avoid working on the computer for too long or on the phone. Do simple mechanical strengthening exercises and shoulder weak elevation exercises. Give yourself a couple of weeks minimum and come back if this does not improve.

|